UTI Question

anniecrock

Reaction score
Hi ladies...at my viability scan a few weeks back, they had me pee in a cup to test for any infections. Randomly, I had a UTI, but I had no idea - completely symptom free. Anyway, I took a week's worth of "pregnancy-safe" antibiotics and am hoping all is ok. WELL, I came across a link on here about the risk of miscarriage decreasing with each passing day/week, etc - and within that link there was all of this research, one showing that basically UTI's increase the risk of miscarriage. Of course, I am now freaking out AGAIN. I've heard it's EXTREMELY common to get UTI's in early pregnancy (and throughout) so I was surprised to read this. Anyone with experience?:wacko:

It's important that they are treated as soon as possible which is why they check your urine at every appointment. It is pretty common to get them especially during pregnancy. Cranberry juice and water are both great to drink to help avoid them and clear them out.

If the infection gets to the kidneys it can cause preterm labor. So yes they treat even if no symptoms. Did you have group B with it? That would be another reason for treating without symptoms.

i had about four utis when pregnant with my ds back in 2011, i took antibiotics everytime and hes fine! no problems from all the antibiotics! as long as you get it treated in time before it spreads to your kidneys, you will be fine!
im currently expecting baby no2 and felt a uti coming the other day, i put one tablespoon of baking soda with a glass of water, downed it and the day after all my symptoms had gone!

ashlee - thanks! that's what i was looking to hear :) i never had one with my last, so this is relatively new to me. i didn't even know i had it!

I kept getting UTI's throughout my first tri. I think I only actually had one, but they kept diagnosing me with one. I was completely symptom free too. I took Macrobid and I'm fine :) my baby girl is growing just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->