uti??

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
i'be had uti's in previous pregnancies but don't really remember symptoms! I feel like I need to pee all the time, been on and off like this for the last few days, I thought it was where baby was sat. I now have a still going feeling down there, but not when I pee just in general. I don't have another mw appointment for 5 weeks!

My first clue about my UTI was super strong smelling pee

My first symptom is usually blood in my urine and feeling like I have to pee even though I just went. If it's irritating you then get checked out just in case. It always sucks to wait cus then you have to suffer with it until you get meds.

Go to yr regular doctor. They can check fast fr UTI with a sample. He can forward results to yr mw. Symptoms can vary greatly.

I had one at 4 weeks... I Ignored the symptoms until 5 weeks. I had a burning feeling when I urinated.

I highly recommend asking the doctor to do a urine culture. The dip stick test can give false results (this happened to me once). It takes about 2 days to get culture results, but, this is better than taking drugs unnecessarily.

I had burning when I urinated, I constantly felt like I had to go, but when I went barely anything came out. I also had blood in my urine, when it got really bad. Go to your docs if you're concerned, they can test your wee there and then, and give you the correct treatment if you need any. :)

That said, I've also felt like I have a UTI when I don't since being pregnant, I think it's when baby is in a certain position. X

I've had one uti after another and only symptom i've had is weeing a lot. They've only picked them up after sending them away for culture. Go to your GP he can send a sample away and let your midwife know x

Thanks everyone, I think it's more to do with babies position as it varies from day to day how much I need to pee but i'll get it checked out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->