vacation planning

babyzoe

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Ugh, this baby is cramping my style and I'm not even pregnant yet!! Here's the dilemma:

If DH and I are successful this month then the egg should implant during our Last Hoorah vacation...which is fine. I've done all my research and am comfortable still going on the vacation that early on. Although, it's still unsettling that I may have to switch to mocktails halfway through the trip, or do I (I'd be 4-11 dpo during the vacation).

THEN we are planning on going to Orlando to see family. We wanted to go to the theme parks (eww...not Disney) and the water parks but whenever I google whether it's safe most of the answers are "no" because the baby might get shaken to death or beaten repeatedly with a safety harness. But, I'm a realist. At 5 weeks (from last AF; 3 weeks from conception), the embryo is the so frickin tiny and padded and protected by the pelvic bone. Plus, there's no placenta so that whole schpiel about placental abruption is a non-issue. Seriously, the embryo is inside the uterine tissue so it's pretty secure in there.

Anyhow, I do plan to ask my doc about this when/if the time comes but I wanted to get your REALIST, HONEST advice. Anyone can give the "no you idiot" and "why would you risk it" bit, and yes, in an ideal world no one would drink alcohol, eat red meat, go running, drive a car, or anything else that could POTENTIALLY harm your unborn baby. But what I'm looking for here is just an open discussion of thought processes and options. I need someone to talk out my options with. Again, I'd be 5 weeks during my trip to Florida and I've somewhat scared myself out of doing anything there but I'm hoping that logically, at this stage, I'm just overreacting. I mean, what's the rational behind not being able to do water parks?

**Disclaimer: I'd like to avoid the outcomes that other similar posts have had. Please don't think I'm an idiot, I'm far from it. The fact that I can discern 5 weeks from 12, 29, or 40 should show that. The way you treat your body changes from week to week and from trimester to trimester. So if you don't have anything nice to say, there are plenty of other threads on here to peruse.

5 weeks is a critical time of grow, so I'd be more worried about drinking and introducing other chemicals to your body than theme park rides.

Your doctor/midwife will tell you no, cos if something happens and she said yes....even if its coincidence...he's potentially liable.

5 weeks is a critical time of grow, so I'd be more worried about drinking and introducing other chemicals to your body than theme park rides.

Your doctor/midwife will tell you no, cos if something happens and she said yes....even if its coincidence...he's potentially liable.

I totally agree on both counts. The last drink I'd have would be during around 7-9 dpo, and then NO MORE until baby was born. I don't even feel comfortable with the one glass during meals on a celebratory occasion. I looked and since neural tube development doesn't start until the following week, I should be fine.

One of the things I'm wrestling with is whether G forces would cause an issue. Obviously, I wouldn't be wanting to go on the 0 to 300 mph in 2 seconds roller coasters, but what about the other thrill rides. Surely, the g forces can't be worse than stopping abruptly in a car? Although, this could all be a null point, as my DH pointed out that I may be too nauseous to do anything anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->