• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vaccine Adverse Reactions...Worth the Risk?

I tried the third world angle in the last giant and extremely heated vaccine thread but no eyelid was batted. I think the anti-vaxers think it is all a terrible experiment on the world's most vulnerable. :shrug: There was an article very recently about western vaccine nonsense travelling over to these countries and putting vaccination programmes at risk. I may have bookmarked it and will check after I post this and share the link if I have it. There was another recently about a disease in cattle bring declared wiped out after a vaccination and culling programme. According to the article this is the second disease to have been eradicated, the first of course being smallpox.

In answer to your question Sarah I don't actually know! I'm sure it's true babes are exposed to squillions of new microbes but then I suppose they will also very much vary in their potential toxicity. If one thinks of the billions of types of microbes and those few that are ever really much dangerous I suppose most pose little to no pressure to the new immune system. Perhaps the concentration or type of agent makes vaccines more stressful, after there must be a reason for high temps in general vaccinations. But I really don't know. Maybe Lynz can help?

At the moment many of the UK vaccines are duplicates of the same vaccine to strengthen the immune response to that particular disease and so have to be done over a length of time but they do tend to only introduce up to 3 (I think that's the most?) antigens at a time, I believe that it's more to do with the bodies fight response to these antigens, that's what causes the high temp/headache symptom (in effect your body fighting the antigens just as it would with a cold when you get a headache) and introducing too many would probably increase this response to a level where the high temp is more likely to become an issue (especially in babies).

And to marley2580 you think that there is no risk of these diseases here but I myself caught diptheria in my late teens and am lucky to be alive, and I'm sure that I had many many more chemicals pumped into my body after catching it than I would have if my mother had me vaccinated against it! and I was in agony for weeks with my throat and glands in my neck and had to have a tube put into my throat so that I could even breathe. I was a teenager and struggled with it, I could not even imagine having to go through it as a child.

I've also had my best friend die of meningitis when I was 12 years old, her family kept her on life support for over a month as they couldn't bear to accept that even if she did wake up that she had very little brain function left, we were at school and one minute she was fine, the next she couldn't bear the light from outside and then she was in hospital and never came home. No-one was even allowed in to see her incase we caught it, at that time people weren't given the option of vaccines against it but I bet that her family would give everything to have had that vaccine for her beforehand

There are definitely more than three in one sitting for infants. Info is here: https://www.nhs.uk/Planners/vaccinations/Pages/childvaccines.aspx But they will no doubt vary in the type of agent.

And to marley2580 you think that there is no risk of these diseases here but I myself caught diptheria in my late teens and am lucky to be alive, and I'm sure that I had many many more chemicals pumped into my body after catching it than I would have if my mother had me vaccinated against it! and I was in agony for weeks with my throat and glands in my neck and had to have a tube put into my throat so that I could even breathe. I was a teenager and struggled with it, I could not even imagine having to go through it as a child.

I never said that there was no risk of these diseases. I actually chose to give my kids the 5:1 because tetanus and diphtheria are bacterial and therefor can be caught here quite easily. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, but the men c vaccine does not protect against all forms of meningitis.

I know that I am taking a risk by not getting my kids vaccinated, but I believe it's less risky than giving them all the vaccines. JMHO

I personally think the risk of the disease is a lot bigger than the risk of side effects from a vaccine. I think its pretty rare for people to react strongly from a vaccine.

I never said that there was no risk of these diseases. I actually chose to give my kids the 5:1 because tetanus and diphtheria are bacterial and therefor can be caught here quite easily. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, but the men c vaccine does not protect against all forms of meningitis.

I know that I am taking a risk by not getting my kids vaccinated, but I believe it's less risky than giving them all the vaccines. JMHO

So as you believe it's riskier to have the vaccinations, what do you actually think is going to happen/has happened to the millions of people that have had the vaccinations?

I believe that the vast majority of them will be fine, just as I believe the vast majority of people that catch the mumps or rubella etc will also be fine. Of course some won't be fine, but that applies to both the vaccines and the diseases. I believe that the HPV vaccine has not been adequately tested to give to my kids, I believe the same for the men c vaccine.

I have got poppy all her vax's and i will continue to. the pros outweigh the cons for me, big time. its like the swine flu jab wen i was pregnant. yes i got it, after weeks of going back and forth. had it just been me, i would not have got it, but wen its my child, i think the possibility of death from meningitis or going blind from measles is definitely more risky than a temperature or a rash from a vaccine.

I am not sure what the risks are people are worried about. I struggled with giving my daughter the vaccines on Tuesday as my older daughter has autism, and although I KNOW the vaccines she received did not cause her autism, that article that was published and then retracted that stated autism and vaccines were related, scared me. In the end, I would rather my daughter have autism than possibly die or be seriously disabled from NOT getting a vaccine and getting one of those diseases. We just had a case of Pertusis here where I live. My sister worked in the ER the day this person came in. This young woman was on her death bed, and if one smart thinking doctor didn't catch the signs, she probably would have died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->