Vacuum Recommendation?

Kimber

Reaction score
Anyone have a vacuum they love, just for regular household use? Seems like every one I've ever had (that I pay GOOD money for) is junk!

I have a miele, its fantastic. Has different strength sucking power for different floors including a 'quieter' setting, a switch on the head for carpet or solid surface, and different nozzles for different things. It sucks up hair and dust really well, my hub has bad asthma so been great for us. I've also been really quite heavy handed with it, pulling and pushing and knocking it, had it for 5 years now, and it still works great! X

Wow thanks, I'll check it out. I've never even heard of Miele!

I've got a Dyson Animal (Upright). Bought it 7 years ago & it's never failed. Still very good suction on it. Would recommend it to anyone.

My parents had a Dyson for 10 years before changing. Only reason they changed was they wanted a lighterweight one.

I have a dyson too! Had an animal which got broken when we were having our kitchen fitted, so then tried a cheaper one which just didnt do the job properly so went back to a dyson!

We have a Dyson. I like it but its not great on kitchen floors. But i tend to sweep and mop in there rather than hoover so no big deal for me.

My mum has a Henry and its 20 years old! Still going strong. It has lost a bit of suction though but after that amount of time its to be expected.

The only down side to them both, is that they are quite heavy and really awkward to do stairs.

Another vote for the Miele here! Best hoover i have ever owned :)

my sister has a meile.. its so strong i borrowed it when our dyson belt broke & tried hoovering the rug but its got such a suck on it it wouldnt let go of the rug, so i had to get OH to stand on the rug so i could hoover it :dohh:

we now have a russell hobbs 18246 Pet Hair hoover.. its brilliant.
has different suction settings & settings for different floors & the different nozzels including a stain remover one which is brilliant, its got red wine & engine oil out our carpet.. x

We have a hetty and I literally love her! We paid £120 and imo she's just as good as a dyson! She is quite heavy but good on carpets and kitchen/bathroom tiles.
xxx

I have the henry hoover, inherited it from my Dad 5 years ago and hed had it for like 10 years before that and its still going strong!

Another vote for Henry here. We've had ours for over 2 years and never had any problem with it. The hoses and tools did get a bit gunked up as did the filter but we managed to get replacement parts on eBay (mix of original and non original) and its good as new now. The bags are also really cheap on eBay. There's a new Henry out with an upright handle and cleaning caddy attached to it, so would buy it if I didn't have this one! Xx

I have an Irobot roomba robot vacuum and it is the absolute best. I just set it off before I go out and when I get home the hoovering is done.

I have an Irobot roomba robot vacuum and it is the absolute best. I just set it off before I go out and when I get home the hoovering is done.

Now this sounds like the best one so far!!

Ha ha it's great. I got the pet one because I have 2 cats, it gets all there fur up really well. DH jokes it saved our marriage.

It doesn't do stairs though so I do have to have a vac for those although I have seen manual roller brushes that would be fine for stairs.

the dyson all the way! im saving up to get the handheld dyson:)

Another Henry lover here! Great on all types of floors and the bag only needs changing every 6 months or so.

We have an electrolux and it is good but tbh I want a new better Hoover :rofl: seriously should have went with a Henry when we were replacing our old samsung one but decided on an electrolux instead of Henry as the suction was better on electrolux but I need one that's really good for long human hair...that sounds weird but I have long thick hair that gets everywhere carpets rugs etc! Lol

I've got hetty (pink Henry one) and its great! Got it last yr at homebase on sale for £85

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->