Vaginal Temping for BBT?

M

MunkyPickle

Is this possible? Is it more accurate than oral? Ever tried it?
Success stories?
I am thinking about it as early in the morning pretty much everything makes me gag. I can't brush my teeth without Dry heaving.
Thanks in advance for any input.

I don't personally do it, but it is recommended because the temps are generally more accurate, especially if you sleep with your mouth open. Since I don't sleep with my mouth open, I don't mind the fact that my temps aren't as spot-on as they would be if I temped vaginally, simply because it's not the temps themselves that are important (every woman's body is different), but the patterns. As long as I can see that I have OV'd, I'm ok with temping orally.

:flower:

I don't personally do it, but it is recommended because the temps are generally more accurate, especially if you sleep with your mouth open. Since I don't sleep with my mouth open, I don't mind the fact that my temps aren't as spot-on as they would be if I temped vaginally, simply because it's not the temps themselves that are important (every woman's body is different), but the patterns. As long as I can see that I have OV'd, I'm ok with temping orally.

:flower:

I think I am guilty of open mouthed sleeping as well. My pillow often wakes up wet...... One of these days its going to leave me.:haha:

This is my first cycle temping vaginally and I highly recommend it. I don't sleep with my mouth open either but there are more factors that can potentially affect your oral temps in my opinion.

My temps this cycle have been much much more consistent than previous oral cycles, pre-O especially, and it could very well be the vaginal temping. Then again some of my previous cycles were also just abnormal/irregular so maybe oral temping a normal cycle would work.

I think for me the main thing is that it feels like something I can moderately control in this madness of TTC that we go through.

Good luck!

I think for me the main thing is that it feels like something I can moderately control in this madness of TTC that we go through.

Very true!

...On the other hand, once we had been TTC for over a year, I was just plain sick of being poked and prodded down there. So the thermometer goes nowhere near my vagina!

I switched to vaginally temping and my temps were much more consistent in the sense that they weren't all over the place anymore. So, I would definitely recommend temping vaginally. :flower:

i did it when ttc1 and didnt find any difference to doing it orally now x

I do it and mine aren't as erratic since I sleep with my mouth open. Your temperature is generally higher so start right after AF not in the middle of a cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->