Vaginal Ultrasound

Erika_Whitney

Reaction score
I go for my first appointment on Friday and don't really know what to expect. My cycle was very irregular, ovulating i think on CD 30ish and a bfp on CD42. I hope they don't try to tell me I am way farther along than I am basing it on my LMP because I don't think that is right. ANYWAY. My question is about the vaginal ultrasound. Did it cause you to bleed the next day? My older sister says to me " oh and dont freak out when the bleeding starts after your ultrasound!" so what do I do? google it. googling during pregnancy should be illegal.... all these posts of women convinced that the wand caused their miscarriage has me freaking out. Any insight and advice would be appreciated!!!! And if you did bleed... how did you handle it? I know if I see even a speck I will freak out :cry:

I had a TV Ultrasound with my first and was told that bleeding is a slight possibility but my tech was so gentle that I never bled, not even a little. We can safely have sex and that can (sometimes) be a lot rougher on your cervix than a wand. They won't be pushing hard or shoving it around in there. :hugs: I hope it all goes fine for you! Try to relax and be excited that you get to see your little baby soon!

Hi there Erika,
I am not really sure I can help, but I had a TV scan not pregnant 2x with no bleeding but cramping after.
I also had one when having a MC (already bleeding) and still had the same cramping..

So I am not sure about the bleeding but the cramping I would say is to be expected - good luck :hugs:

Hi Hun I had one done at 8 weeks with this bubba and everything was fine no bleeding and now 21 weeks 2 days xx

My mother had to have a vaginal ultrasound with me. Im sure everything will be fine dear ♡

This is pregnancy #6 for me. I've had more than one TV US with all of them. Never bled from a single one. I have had several MC, but not one was related to or in time accordance with a TV US.

Oh and my aunt Barbara was the one who had to hold the wand. The assistant that day was out. :haha: remember, she has no experience and was making perverted jokes about it!!

With my first, they said I'd had an MMC at first and then retracted the diagnosis when my beta kept doubling. It ended up being viable (and is now my son), but the result was that I had to go back there nearly every week for 4-5 weeks for vaginal ultrasounds to make sure all was progressing normally. That's a lot of wand action, lol.

If you get an experienced tech, they're very gentle - often they'll let you insert the wand yourself and, knowing it's not the most comfortable experience, are very good about not being rough with it.

I've always been told that cramping and even some spotting can be normal after any kind of pelvic exam, pregnant or not! Just be relaxed about it and enjoy getting some real insight into what's going on in there. :flower:

I thought it was more gentle than your usual gyno visit, if that helps. I don't think it is anything to be nervous about!

I had one with my daughter and with this one and I never had any blood after.

I found them way nicer than a gyno visit. There was plenty of cramping afterwards both times, which was so uncomfortable but thankfully no bleeding. If you do have any it would probably be so light and it's normal :hugs: Try not to stress, it's all going to be fine.

Ive had lots of vaginal scans never had bleeding but last Friday i had one and then a tiny spot bleed Saturday night, honestly i freaked out! But non since and due a rescan on the 10th so trying to remain calm... Also the lady was very gentle x

Thanks for all the replies!!!! Definitely makes me feel better! I have no physical reason to be on edge about it, but I just felt like if I saw a hint of blood it would make me crazy! Thanks for all the reassurance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->