Valentines Babies, 2013!

Oh congratulations Jo bean! That's great. You must be so pleased!!
I am still yet to. In fact I am not even sure this is real yet! I realized today it still hasn't sunk in!
I looked it up and I didn't feel my first till 18 or 19 weeks so maybe I will be later this time too..and maybe then I will believe it.

Congrats, Jo_bean!! SO cool, isn't it? I'm sure I felt it a few days ago while I was eating candy, but really haven't the last couple of days. I actually was worried about it enough to pull out my doppler today. I try not to use it, since sometimes when it takes too long to find the heart beat I panic. I found it this morning though, and it was 146! I want some more kicks, dang it!! They really do reassure you that there is, in fact, a little wiggler in there saying hello :)

Sierra, the stroller set looks great to me! The only thing I would check is the date of manufacturing. They don't recommend using car seats that are over 6 years old, since the plastic can degrade. If it's newer than 2006, go for it!!! I'll be recycling my kids' infant car seat for the third time, lol... I'll be using the oldest's stroller too, so I don't think I have to buy anything in that department! :D

Kellen, I'm searching for the mystical energy burst too. I have been walking more, but the exercise video I had EVERY intention of doing every other day gets pulled out once a week. Ah well, second trimester has just begun. Maybe around 18 or 19 weeks, like Helena said, this will all sink in and we'll all get a boost.

Thanks girls! The little wriggler won't stop now! I think it likes dog as the dog started snuggling up to my stomach and the kicking got stronger :cloud9:

Helena - do they say it could be earlier when it's not your first? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Good Monday, Everyone.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one making the migration over to maternity wear this weekend. I finally caved and bought a pair of jeans, which felt so good to wear. My shirts are still okay for the most part, but I've had to ditch a couple of my button ups for work due to the giganticness of my chest nowadays.

Just out of curiosity... Has anyone encountered this mythical second trimester "energy" everyone keeps talking about? For me I am still dragging and find it hard to be motivated. I had a paper due yesterday for my doctorate, but I haven't even started it. This is completely abnormal for me given that I currently am maintaining a really good GPA. I also find it hard to focus at work. Am I all alone here?

I guess the energy is yet to come Kellen. hopefully you get your paper in shape soon!I had a meeting with my supervisor today which i have known for ages but had nothing done and for the first i think he was a bit shocked and blunt with me until i told him that I am expecting! But still i think he doesnt understand that I have no ''energy at all as he has scheduled another meeting for next monday.and since morning I have written 30words which probably doesnt make sense and will be deleted tommorrow:nope:

Yay Jo! Congrats on feeling baby wiggling! :D I felt them a lot this weekend...probably because I'm sneezing and coughing so much. They jump around every time I sneeze :cloud9: I love it!

:rofl: dragon, are you sniffing pepper or something to tickle your nostrils!? Just to make you sneeze more?

:rofl: haha DragonflyWing!

When is everyone's gender scan? Mine isn't until October 3, and I don't think I can wait that long! My DH wants to pay $60 for a private gender scan, but I think that's so much money when we could just wait 5 more weeks to find out. I'm still feeling girl, although I've had a bunch of boy dreams lately. Who knows?? So much for a mother's intuition... :dohh:

i dont have my date yet but it should be around the 3rd or 4th of october!!!!!!!!!! the hubby and i are thinking boy!!!!!!! but a tiny part of me still thinks girl.

If all goes to plan we have our next midwife appointment on Sept 13th (at 18 weeks) and should hopefully be able to schedule an ultrasound for Sept 25th (19w6d). Which would be cool because that is literally just days after our anniversary. If not then we'll have to wait until mid-October due to my crazy work schedule (which is my fault... I scheduled important events before I realized I was pregnant... le sigh).

My big scan is on 4 October, so far away!!..
Have a checkup on Thursday but I doubt they will tell me much then.

Yes Jo you can feel baby earlier with subsequent pregnancies. I can't remember with my second, but I have a feeling it wasn't much earlier. I didn't write it down either :( ah well, will TRY and be patient!!!

I don't have a date for my scan, yet, but I'm going to try to get it the last week of September or early October. I'll know more after my appointment next week.

Kellen---DH and I play traditional Irish music. We're both Scots/Irish, so it was in our blood. It's actually how we met, and now we play festivals and concerts all over the place. :)

I feel my lo move maybe once every day---sometimes longer. I thought I wasn't going to feel it today, but it just popped a couple of minutes ago. :) I can't wait to feel it more---and stronger!

My unofficial gender scan is Sept 12th. That's the next measurement scan, and I'll be just about 18 weeks. They said they should be able to get a very good idea of the genders by then.

I have another ultrasound tomorrow to check my cervical length, and I might ask them have a peek then, too. :) I'm not very patient.

So I take back what I said about loving sneezing...yesterday I sneezed so hard that I threw up right on the floor. :sick:

Dragon, that does not sound fun. Exciting news about having so many scans though to check on your little ones.

Now that I'm almost 16 weeks I'm thinking of trying to convince DH that we should do a private gender scan when I get back from my trip. I'll be 17 weeks at that time... they should be able to get a fairly decent shot. He'll probably make me wait... he wanted to find out the gender and not tell me. :(

Sierra, that is really cool! I have high hopes of my baby having musical talent, but it is a 50/50 shot. Poor DH can't carry a tune in a bucket and has never picked up an instrument. Me... I can't get away from it. My entire family is very musical.

Oh dragon, poor sneezy sicky you! Not fun.
Sierra - so cool you are a musician!
Good luck convincing DH on the scan kellen!

It was a good day here. My eldest had his first day at full time school, he just did mornings last year. And he loved it! And I got an afternoon with small son in bed napping and me with enough energy to clean my house and be happy about it! It was sad leaving my eldest a school - I have always been a stay at home mummy to him so I will miss having so much time with him, but it was great seeing him so happy when I picked him up. And watching him play with the other kids, even those speaking a language different to him ( he is just starting to learn French) I felt so proud. Could have cried, was a big hormonal pregnant lady moment! :)

Thanks Ladies---yeah, we're hoping that our little one will be musically talented. We plan on teaching it music really early as long as it's interested.

helena--you're so cute! How wonderful that your son had such a grand first day! You have every right to be emotional and proud! :)

Oh guys ... I'm so sad/mad/confused! DH and I were invited just yesterday to go to my cousins house this Friday - good friends of both of ours - DH and I were supposed to talk about it. He asked me what I wanted to do ... I told him (completely honestly) that the thought sounds fun, but the 3 hour drive over there after working an 8 hour day, having to pack a bag, then staying up late with them, sleeping on their pull-out couch with their dogs waking us up every hour, then driving another 3 hours the next day gor our concert, playing a 3 hour concert, then driving 3 hours back home - just doesn't sound do-able for me! Im tired as it is! I explained this as best as I could to him, but he kept saying we can't abandon our friends! Granted we don't see them very often, but they were just at our house 2 weekends ago! I tried explaining how hard this pregnancy is on my body and mind and being and that I know he just can't understand, etc... but he just kept saying that I use pregnancy as an excuse to get out if things I don't want to do. :( he says I should just able to push through the fatigueand exhaustion. :( I can't even believe it! :( I push through the exhaustion as it is! I just don't want to have to do all of that .... I just don't feel like doing it right now- shouldn't that be enough? I mean, I'm caring his child! And it's not like I'm not willing to do anything ... my sister invited us over to her house this Friday too... about a 30 minute drive and I'd get to come home and sleep in my own bed .... I told him I'd be willing to do that option on Friday... just not the lengthy cousin option. But he just thinks I'm being lazy .... and now he's upstairs slamming doors and I'm downstairs crying my eyes out. :(

Am I lazy and selfish for not wanting to go? I just don't understand why he is so angry .... I've told him before that this pregnancy is one of the harder things I've done physically, and I told him I really believe I'm supposed to rest when I need to... and I feel that does not mean pushing my body to all limits this weekend. :( I'm so mad......:growlmad:

I'm so sorry, Sierra :hugs: I think you have every right to not want to go! That sounds like a very exhausting weekend even if you WEREN'T pregnant... I can't imagine doing it pregnant. Not only that, but it sounds like perhaps DH really doesn't get how tough this is on you. My DH is guilty of it too, so maybe it's a man thing? From their end, we get a big tummy and complain a lot and then WHAM, out pops a baby... they don't realize how many countless hours we DO push through fatigue, pain, nausea, etc...

I'm just so sorry. I won't bad-mouth your DH too much (since I'm certain you guys will patch things up) but I am completely on your side on this one. I really hope he comes around soon, and you can always vent here if you need!

One last thing...slamming doors? Sounds like you'll have 2 babies on your hands!! :ninja:

Oh Sierra. I know exactly how you feel. I just think they have no clue about how draining it is. It's not like going on a long run one day and then sleeping at night to recover. Nothing helps us to recover because it's 24 hours a day doubling up on our bodies resources.

I don't know what to suggest. If it were me, I would probably put my foot down and just say no. Be stubborn. Explain to the cousin yourself! They know you are pregnant don't they? You shouldn't be sleeping on a couch anyway!

Would your OH read a book? He sounds like my husband. He would believe someone else like an official doctor or midwife telling him that as fact but he wouldn't believe me.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"