Valentines Babies, 2013!

I'm glad your appointment went well, Helena! I found the raisin bit very funny! Corn is almost as fun :dohh: I'm sure all will be well with your test. I have the second blood draw this Wednesday for the quad screen test, and even though I'm sure it will be fine, it can be so stressful!

Also, congrats on dtd, lol. It's a non-issue around our house. My DH knows if he brings it up he's liable to get a long glare followed by a rant about "when he helps ME out around the house, I'll THINK about helping HIM out!" sigh...

BTW, hurray for avocado!!

Wow! I was training a new employee all day so had no time to come on here until now.... so exciting about the good appointment helena! And Dragonfly- sooo cute on the twins! I'm so jealous that you know gender already! Congrats!

Happy Avocado week for most of us :D

Glad the appointment went well Helena!

Lovely Ladies!!
I am so sorry for my temporary absence, but THANK YOU to Wamommy for creating this wonderful thread :hugs: I was so happy to return and see how you are all doing! I have had quite a few complications along the way and was getting quite fearful the LO wouldn't hang on- however, yesterday I got the green light that everything is looking much better and MC risk is almost nothing! I was so relieved and feel like I can finally enjoy this wonderful time.

Dragonfly: CONGRATS on your sweet little boy & girl- How exciting!! I can't wait to find out what team everyone else is! When is everyone else finding out?

I found out yesterday I am TEAM BLUE!! :blue::blue::happydance: Heart Rate 136 & he looks perfect- I was over the moon. I have missed you ladies and am so glad to return with good news :flower:

Nicole---so exciting to hear that you're team blue! :) Congrats! I'm so glad you are over the rough-period and everything is looking so much better now. We've missed you!

Nicole---so exciting to hear that you're team blue! :) Congrats! I'm so glad you are over the rough-period and everything is looking so much better now. We've missed you!

Thanks so much! Second trimester is a MUCH more glorious time, agreed?! Less to worry about and actually feeling human again! When is your next scan?? Finding out the team is very exciting, but I do miss the days of wondering! I can understand those who want it to be a surprise now! We got the sex written down in an envelope to find out in a more romantic setting, and we procrastinated opening it for hours! Enjoy the mystery period :thumbup::baby:

Aww I love that you had it written down in an envelope to open it in a more romantic setting! That's lovely! I don't even have my next scan scheduled, yet---it won't be until 20 weeks. I have an appointment on Thursday, so I'm hoping they'll schedule it then. I can't wait!!!

Nicole, so glad you are back! I didn't know you were having such a rough time of it but I'm so glad that everything is ok now and how wonderful! A little baby boy! :cloud9:

So glad to see you back, Nicole! Congrats on team blue!! :D And YES, second tri is so much better than first! So glad to be out of that!

Argh. . . so I might have to go to Urgent Care tonight, ladies. :( Last week I had what I thought was a yeast infection :blush: because I was super itchy down there---this happened right after DH and I dtd. So, the next day when it was still itchy, I put Monistat cream down there to take care of it. However, it burned and made the itching that much worse! I got through that and then the next day it was gone. Well yesterday the itching came back (we hadn't dtd), so this morning I put Monistat down there again hoping that it would take care of what I was guessing was a yeast infection. Well, it did the SAME thing---made it burn down there and itch even more. So I went to work hoping it would go away, but the itching was still there at lunchtime and when I went to go to the loo, there were about 10 little tiny patches of blood in my panties. When I wiped it looked like the blood was coming from the outside area of my vagina, not the inside (phew). So I called my midwife (who closes early today) and she said that she thinks I need to get it checked out at Urgent Care. It's not as itchy now, but still getting specks of blood (I'm assuming everything is just cracked and irritated down there for some reason----I'm not worried at this point that something is wrong with lo). So. . .I'm not sure on whether to still go to the Urgent Care to get checked out (more $ and there is usually about a 3 hour wait there--plus more exposure to colds, flus, etc), or to wait to see if it's still there tomorrow. The problem is that if I wait until tomorrow, then I won't be able to go to Urgent Care tomorrow because we'll be on the road going to our concert---so I'd have to wait until Sunday. And if it's an infection or something, I don't want it to affect lo in any way. :( Anyone have any experiences with this? I might post in second trimester, too, to see if anyone has any ideas. . .

Welcome back, Nicole!!! I'm so happy to see you here, and can't wait to catch up on everything. Also, grats on team blue :D Hopefully everyone's genders will start rolling in, and I'll try to keep the front page updated. So far it's just Nicole and DroagonflyWing that know, right?

Sierra, that sounds miserable!! I don't know much about it, but have read a ton of posts about how common yeast infections are in pregnancy. I think there are a bunch of safe treatments, but you're right, it's probably best to get checked out first. How annoying!! Like there aren't enough things going on? :dohh:

Go right away Sierra, if that's what the midwife said. You don't want to send a whole weekend getting worse when it could be getting better?

Nicole - boys are the best! I have 2 so may be a teeny bit biased, but they are so much fun! And it never fails to amaze me when I think about the fact I am raising two little boys who will be big grown men! I will raise grown men. For some reason this makes me so proud! (though no doubt little girls are adorable too...Especially as I am 70% sure this one will be team link..tbc)

Argh. . . so I might have to go to Urgent Care tonight, ladies. :( Last week I had what I thought was a yeast infection :blush: because I was super itchy down there---this happened right after DH and I dtd. So, the next day when it was still itchy, I put Monistat cream down there to take care of it. However, it burned and made the itching that much worse! I got through that and then the next day it was gone. Well yesterday the itching came back (we hadn't dtd), so this morning I put Monistat down there again hoping that it would take care of what I was guessing was a yeast infection. Well, it did the SAME thing---made it burn down there and itch even more. So I went to work hoping it would go away, but the itching was still there at lunchtime and when I went to go to the loo, there were about 10 little tiny patches of blood in my panties. When I wiped it looked like the blood was coming from the outside area of my vagina, not the inside (phew). So I called my midwife (who closes early today) and she said that she thinks I need to get it checked out at Urgent Care. It's not as itchy now, but still getting specks of blood (I'm assuming everything is just cracked and irritated down there for some reason----I'm not worried at this point that something is wrong with lo). So. . .I'm not sure on whether to still go to the Urgent Care to get checked out (more $ and there is usually about a 3 hour wait there--plus more exposure to colds, flus, etc), or to wait to see if it's still there tomorrow. The problem is that if I wait until tomorrow, then I won't be able to go to Urgent Care tomorrow because we'll be on the road going to our concert---so I'd have to wait until Sunday. And if it's an infection or something, I don't want it to affect lo in any way. :( Anyone have any experiences with this? I might post in second trimester, too, to see if anyone has any ideas. . .

This EXACT same thing happened to me. Right after DTD, I had swelling and itching & burning that lasted for days. I thought I had a yeast infection also and used Monistat cream which made it WAY worse. I never used the inserts because it said to not use during the first trimester. I had to ice down there for a few days and had bright red irritation spots that started to really hurt. This finally went away and I haven't DTD since! I now there is a lot more bloodflow to that area during pregnancy and maybe thats why it became so irritated immediately after? Sorry I do not have an answer, but you are not the only one! I know how miserable it is & am so sorry you are going through it! Let us know how everything goes and feel better

Go right away Sierra, if that's what the midwife said. You don't want to send a whole weekend getting worse when it could be getting better?

Nicole - boys are the best! I have 2 so may be a teeny bit biased, but they are so much fun! And it never fails to amaze me when I think about the fact I am raising two little boys who will be big grown men! I will raise grown men. For some reason this makes me so proud! (though no doubt little girls are adorable too...Especially as I am 70% sure this one will be team link..tbc)

You are so right!! The thought of a little man growing up just melts my heart. And it never fails to amaze me that I am growing a PENIS inside me!! How powerful!! Hahah! :rofl: It really is mind blowing.

Haha Nicole! I never thought of it like that at all. I have 2 girls, so it makes sense to have this little creature come out that sort of looks like you, with all the same parts and all. I can imagine it would be odd/wonderful to see a little man pop out! Fingers tightly crossed I get to find out!

Hey ladies!

Hope all is going well with you all?

Sierra - sorry to hear you're not feeling great, hope you feel ok soon!

Dragonfly - congrats on your boy and girl, perfect!

Nicole - hooray for team :blue: - congrats!!

Well, we found out today that we're also team :blue: ! Cannot believe we're having a boy!! Was so shocked at first but starting to feel excited now! Can't wait to meet him!

Congrats Glitterandbug! Another team blue!! How exciting!

Did you have any of the 'old wives tale' symptoms that pointed to a boy or a girl at all?

Congrats on team :blue:, GlitterandBug!! We're up to 3 boys and 1 girl. I'm trying to keep the front page updated. It's so fun to have the genders start rolling in! Jo_Bean, I'm curious about the wives' tales thing too. If they're true I'm having a hermaphrodite, since I've got about half girl, half boy :haha:

Has anyone else felt like they "popped" big-time this week? I feel like a house! A woman at my church is pregnant too, and she looks about as big as I am. I found out yesterday that she's 26 weeks :dohh:

Congrats Glitterandbug! Another team blue!! How exciting!

Did you have any of the 'old wives tale' symptoms that pointed to a boy or a girl at all?

Nope, everything pointed to a girl!! The ring test, the 'eye' test, the gender predictors, everything!!

Congrats on team :blue:, GlitterandBug!! We're up to 3 boys and 1 girl. I'm trying to keep the front page updated. It's so fun to have the genders start rolling in! Jo_Bean, I'm curious about the wives' tales thing too. If they're true I'm having a hermaphrodite, since I've got about half girl, half boy :haha:

Has anyone else felt like they "popped" big-time this week? I feel like a house! A woman at my church is pregnant too, and she looks about as big as I am. I found out yesterday that she's 26 weeks :dohh:

I seem to have finally popped this weekend at just over 17 weeks!!

Wll thereby go then! My predictors say 8 girl and 2 boy. So that's probably no indication at all! :haha:

I have got a bit bigger this week but I'm a larger girl anyway, so I still have a B shaped bump. I can't wait for i to be nice and smooth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->