Valentine's BfP ladies

makemeamammy

Reaction score
Ok ladies, here it is...our wee group thread in the PREGNANCY forum!! :happydance: get changing that status and get your wee ticker and let's keep all that happy positivity going from the 2ww thread going (it got us this far!)

Special VIPs in our wee thread...

Sashajoy13 - EDD 24/10
Junebugs - EDD 26/10
Bambola - EDD 27/10
Makemeamammy - EDD 23/10
jbell157 - EDD 28/10
emmalg - EDD 28/10
momof1making2 - EDD 28/10
missusgee - EDD 26/10

Okay so I thought we might start with a kind of 'getting to know you' type Q&A. I know it's a bit cheesy and we already know eachother but i guess lots of info can get swallowed up in big threads so this might just make it all a bit clearer for all of us. I'm making these questions up as I go along so please feel free to offer up any other suggestions.

1. Name?
2. Age?
3. Married or partner?
4. Location?
5. Job?
6. Pregnant with first?
7. How long were you ttc for?
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months?
9. Thing you are most scared about?
10. Describe yourself in 5 words?

I know these Qs are kind of personal but I guess that's kind of the whole point of getting to know people. I'll go first but please feel free to not answer any of the questions or add your own. Xx

Ok so here goes...

1. Name? - Ann Marie
2. Age? - 26 (27 in May)
3. Married or partner? - Married less than a year
4. Location? - Scotland
5. Job? - Teacher
6. Pregnant with first? - Yes
7. How long were you ttc for? - 1 month ntnp and 1 month ttc
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months? - Seeing my bump grow and feeling baby moving inside me
9. Thing you are most scared about? - making sure my bean sticks over the next few weeks
10. Describe yourself in 5 words? - Talkative, happy, bossy, creative, (a touch) obsessive :blush:

Ok, your turn ladies... Xxx

im not sure uf im considered pg with a 6 hcg but I will know for sure friday... in the meantime I will play along and give you guys some company!

1. Name? Sasha Joy
2. Age? 23
3. Married or partner? Partner(dont want to get married) still call him hubby
4. Location? Orange County, Ca
5. Job? Barista
6. Pregnant with first? Yup
7. How long were you ttc for? 13 months (coincidently my lucky number)
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months? I am excited to see the sonograms
9. Thing you are most scared about? my levels not rising appropriatly
10. Describe yourself in 5 words? positive, creative, intelligent, versitile, and loving

Yayyyy! First thanks for making this thread mamms! Or Ann Marie! Which do you prefer? I'm so glad we have a place to hide and have our little "support group" while we go through the scary first trimester. So here are my answers!

1. Name - Jessica
2. Age - 26 (will be 27 in March)
3. Married or partner - Married, it will be 3 years in June
4. Location - Georgia
5. Job - Teacher
6. Pregnant with first - YES!!!! Hurray!
7. How long were you ttc for - We were so blessed to have caught our little bean the first month!
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months - Experiencing pregnancy and the sonograms!
9. Thing you are most scared about - the first trimester (losing my little bean)
10. Describe yourself in 5 words - Logical, precise, excited, happy, athletic

1. Name? - Marie
2. Age? - 26 (27 in July)
3. Married or partner? - Married 1.5 years
4. Location? - Australia
5. Job? - Lawyer
6. Pregnant with first? - Yes
7. How long were you ttc for? - 7 months (but had a mmc and wisdom tooth op in between, so a total of 3 cycles actively trying - 2 being bfp!)
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months? - healthy baby - boy or girl!
9. Thing you are most scared about? - making sure my bean sticks over the next few weeks!!! (same!)
10. Describe yourself in 5 words? chatty, control freak, loyal, loving, friendly! (that is 6 words- I also like to do it my way, sorry! lol)

P.s. thank you so much Ann Marie for creating this thread for us!! What section are we in?? Lol how is everyone today?
Xxx

1. my name is hannah
2. Age is 29
3. Married for almost 2 years
4. I live in Devon, uk
5. I work for a charity as a support worker
6. This will be my first one :) eeeeek!!
7. been TTC since last June
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months? Eating lots of yummy food and building a bond with little pea
9. Thing you are most scared about? The obvious that everything goes smoothly
10. Describe yourself in 5 words? Caring, controlling, emotional, excited and scared!

So I've made my first dr's appt for next Monday. The receptionist kept asking if I NEEDED to see a dr, I said I wasn't sure and just wanted to make sure all is ok.

Gonna buy some more tests later and keep taking them over the week to make sure results are either getting darker or atleast still positive.

Having horrible af like cramps and a pressing feeling today. Ugh!

I'm pre empting your "yes" to my request to join this thread, Mammy! ;)

1. Name? Emma (Did anyone not get that?)
2. Age? 32
3. Married or partner? Married for 14 months (was very pregnant when I married!)
4. Location? Madrid in Spain but I'm British.
5. Job? Part-time engineer, though it's a team leader post so mostly management now.
6. Pregnant with first? Second for me, have a 15 month old daughter.
7. How long were you ttc for? Over 5 months this time (similar last time)
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months? Everything, in particular maternity leave and my family's reaction when I tell them the EDD which was my Grandfather's b'day and also DD's EDD!
9. Thing you are most scared about? The next few weeks, how much the 3rd trimester hurt last time and never sleeping again when I have two babies!
10. Describe yourself in 5 words? Impatient, talkative, shy, determined, realist

You need a how would other people describe you in 5 words too, I think I sound much too sensible...
Mine would start with: Unbelievably dizzy!

Sorry Emma! Of course you are welcome here too! What's your EDD again? you will be our resident guru since you've done it all before haha!

So nice to get to know a bit about everyone.

I don't mind mamms or Ann Marie or AM or anything else people want to call me! :) I have had absolutely no symptoms today (other than tiredness) which made me worried so I did ANOTHER test :blush: and line is now darker than control so very happy. I found two tests I didn't know I had at the back of the bathroom cupboard - it was just like finding £10 in those jeans you never wear haha!

How is everyone today? Where's Amy? Hope she's ok!

Marie - we are in the PREGNANCY groups :happydance:!
Sasha - you are one of us however this goes! You are just as preggers as every one of us xxxx

Haha that is a good find! I had to go and buy some, on multi deal so not too painful. DH would have a fit if he knew how much I had spent on tests!!

Took my second less sensitive test and on a random afternoon pee the line was darker than before...yeeeehaaaaa! :-D

Have you all been in contact with the midwife yet? I was told by dr to get in contact but maybe wait a wee while until I was further along last Thurs when I got my bfp. Not sure how long she meant or when I should contact her? Don't want her to tell me I'm way too early and come back when I'm 'properly pregnant' iykwim (I know she probably wouldn't actually say this but pregnancy hormones are already kicking in haha :rofl:) xx

I have gotten in contact with my Ob from my last pregnancy and he is fantastic. Normally he doesnt take his patients till 9 or 10 weeks at the absolute earliest but because I have had a miscarriage under him in October (he did my d&c) he is taking me at exactly 6 weeks so that he can check me - give me an ultrasound and check all is ok and I dont die of worry!! I am very happy about that - he was fully booked out for that week but is taking me at 7am before he starts his other clients. What a champion!

Welcome everyone - cant believe we are in the preg forum! hehe

My symptoms are frequent urination, wind (yuk) and massive bloating in the morning - I already look 6 months preg with this bloating! No sickness yet.. still early lol

Sasha Joy - thinking of you lovely - hope all is going well and you get more good news very soon!

xox

I have gotten in contact with my Ob from my last pregnancy and he is fantastic. Normally he doesnt take his patients till 9 or 10 weeks at the absolute earliest but because I have had a miscarriage under him in October (he did my d&c) he is taking me at exactly 6 weeks so that he can check me - give me an ultrasound and check all is ok and I dont die of worry!! I am very happy about that - he was fully booked out for that week but is taking me at 7am before he starts his other clients. What a champion!

Welcome everyone - cant believe we are in the preg forum! hehe

My symptoms are frequent urination, wind (yuk) and massive bloating in the morning - I already look 6 months preg with this bloating! No sickness yet.. still early lol

Sasha Joy - thinking of you lovely - hope all is going well and you get more good news very soon!

xox

If you don't mind me asking, how many weeks were you when you had your mc? Big :hugs: for you, that must have been awful! This time all our little beans are going to be super sticky and stay with us for another 8 whole months!!!! (Pray God) :happydance:

The lady I spoke to at my Dr's said the midwife will see me around 8 weeks. That's aaaaages away :-(

My headache has finally gone today, just feeling slightly nauseous, dizzy and weird pressing type cramps today...I'm taking that as a good sign little bean is really working some magic in there!

I still feel like this isn't quite real!

Oh, and like bambola...need to pee loads already! Hehe

makemeamammy I was just past 9 weeks when i had my mmc - we went to have an exciting scan and found out when we got there that the news was not good :( was very sad.. you get awfully attached to that little bean in those first 5 weeks!! I pray all of us have healthy bubs..

p.s. just got an email from a friend who i met on this forum after i had my mmc - she mc at the exact time i did and we had our ops two days apart and we have since kept in contact and email each other (she is on the other side of the world) - anyway she was very lucky to fall preg again pretty much straight away and she just sent me a pic of her 12week3day ultrasound! OMG it is amazing!! I pray this will be us in 8 weeks!

xox

When I started my pregnancy with Noelle I was in England and told to see the midwife at 10 weeks. Like you I felt it was ages away. Here I have an ob-gyn I was under before who runs one of Madrid'a two natural birth clinics as I was terrified by the typical levels of intervention and lack of choice with birth here in Spain having come from the UK where you have so much choice. I would usually see her at 6 weeks but with the bleeding I'm (still) experiencing I decided to go early.

I feel nauseous on and off, have been super tired for weeks and have cramps. This morning I had the metallic taste, that was quite a new symptom for me, not some thing I recall. I am worried the nausea is worse than last time when I got off almost scott free and was only sick twice. At the mo I'm finding it quite comforting to know I'm still pg.

'Scuse any typos, I'm getting used to a new mobile!

Oh yeah, and EDD is 28th Oct.

I think it's so awesome that our EDD are so close together! We have 2 pairs of ladies that have the same EDD!

Today my only symptom is exhaustion. I'm so tired. However, I am also super bloated today. I'm still temping every morning. I feel like this is the only way I can be sure baby is ok right now. My temps are still staying high so it makes me feel good.

I'm also monitoring my caloric intake. My BMI is low, so I need to be sure I'm getting enough calories to sustain both of us, especially on the days I'm running. Right now I'm not supposed to add a ton of extra calories so I'm just making sure I'm getting there or a little over.

I'm glad you ladies are doing so wonderfully! I pray all the time that the little bean sticks and we have a happy, healthy baby.

I started to write whilst I was shaking I the waiting room at the surgery but got called in before I posted. I'm so happy now! The sac was visible, correctly implanted and there's still some blood to come out that's opposite the implantation site. Doc said it is looking good and to go back if there are any issues. Next appointment is the one I should originally have gone to in two weeks!

Now to find my way to work from here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->