Valentine's BfP ladies

Ladies it has been forever I miss you all! Its amazing how mich time has passed yet it feels like yesterday :) hope you are all well.

Sasha, I didn't see this!! I wasn't getting this thread in my usercp, i had to search for it. Maybe I accidentally hit unsubscribe at some point xxxx

Hi ladies,

This is spooky as I was also just reading back over this thread a week or so ago but also didn't see your post sasha!

Where has the time gone!?!? Oh that's right, feeding, changing, battling LO to sleep, repeat! ;-)

All in all we're good though, also had a few issues including reflux and poor weight gain. Getting him weighed Wednesday though so hopefully he's gone up. Main issue now is sleep regression, I totally laughed these so called regressions off until about 2/3 weeks ago when BAM! LO went from sleeping solidly from 8-8/with just one brief wake up to feed about 3.30/5am. Now, he's waking up almost hourly from about midnight, not out of hunger but just being fidgety and rolling over/shuffling around. More often than not I just bring him in to my bed as its the only way we all get sleep.

I've missed updates from you all, is there anyway we can create a new group somehow as we went through so much together in pregnancy it would be great to keep in touch.

Can we not keep posting in this one now? Oh my word missus, I could have written that post! It sounds EXACTLY like us! How big is your LO and what was he at birth again? My LO was 7lb 8 at birth and now roughly just a wee bit over 13lb.

She too was sleeping 11-12hrs no wake ups and is going through regression! I moved her into her own room last night and she slept much better although I'm not sure if that was a fluke as she was soooo tired!

What else are your wee ones getting up to? Mine is sitting and standing with support and can roll tummy to back but not back to tummy yet - although boy does she try lol!

Miss you all xx

Hey ladies! I'm glad to see everyone is doing well for the most part. It is so hard to believe that this time last year we were just getting used to the fact that we were going to have babies! Sam is doing well and so am I. I have returned to work and am counting down the days to spring break. He loves his daycare lady and he is the only baby there right now so he gets lots of snuggles. He is a big boy, weighing over 16 pounds and is in 6-9 months already. It seems he is going to be tall like his daddy. He has rolled over from belly to back quite a few times and is sitting and standing assisted. He loves his jumperoo and his rocking chair. I'm not planning on starting solids until 6 months or older as I don't see the need to at the moment. As for sleep regression, instead of regressing we are just getting there! He has always slept from 8 to 8 but always woken up multiple times during the night. However, the past few nights he has only woken up one or two times which has been wonderful!

Mams your profile picture of your baby girl is just beautiful!

I hope everyone is doing well and I miss talking to you all!

Hey ladies! I'm glad to see everyone is doing well for the most part. It is so hard to believe that this time last year we were just getting used to the fact that we were going to have babies! Sam is doing well and so am I. I have returned to work and am counting down the days to spring break. He loves his daycare lady and he is the only baby there right now so he gets lots of snuggles. He is a big boy, weighing over 16 pounds and is in 6-9 months already. It seems he is going to be tall like his daddy. He has rolled over from belly to back quite a few times and is sitting and standing assisted. He loves his jumperoo and his rocking chair. I'm not planning on starting solids until 6 months or older as I don't see the need to at the moment. As for sleep regression, instead of regressing we are just getting there! He has always slept from 8 to 8 but always woken up multiple times during the night. However, the past few nights he has only woken up one or two times which has been wonderful!

Mams your profile picture of your baby girl is just beautiful!

I hope everyone is doing well and I miss talking to you all!

Aww JBell, lovely to hear from you and glad to hear you and Sam are doing so well! I feel so bad for you American ladies who have to go back to work so early. How do you manage with feeding or have you switched to formula? I'm not going back until August and I'm already worrying about what I'm going to do as she won't take a bottle for others and seems to have an intolerance to formula :dohh:

My LO loves her jumperoo too but she's so teensy (just over 13lbs) that we have a catalogue under her feet and a blanket stuffed down the back lol. Aww thanks, she was only days old when that pic was taken and was wearing tiny baby clothes, so cute! :cloud9:

Hey mams! Yeah its awful having to go back so soon but Sam loves his nanny so I feel very lucky. As far as feeding, we bf when I'm home and I pump at work so he can take breastmilk from a bottle. He will only take a bottle when I hold him, but other people can lay him on his back, or propped up with pillows and he will take it from them then. Again, I'm so lucky that I'm having great success with breastfeeding!

Sorry for delayed reply ladies, both me and little man have been poorly :-(

Great to hear both you and Sam are well jbell! I go back to work 5th May, I have mixed emotions...

Dylan was 14lb 9oz last week so has stayed at 25% percentile and no more dropping for now, phew!

Jumperoo' s are the best invention, Dylan loves his! He generally wants to be stood up all the time. Either that or he's rolling. He's only mastered back to front so far so I spend all day rolling him back when he starts crying!

I started a little bit of weaning, just tasting a few bits but stopped when he was ill so need to start from scratch again!

I have really struggled at times with no family around to help me but I've made a great bunch of new mum friends through a child centre run group, we get out swimming, walking, coffee mornings at each others houses, it really has saved my sanity!

I should update a new photo of Dylan on here, he's grown so much. I lost all my very first photos of him due to a problem with my phone, distraught isn't the word! :-(

Hi everyone,

I'm glad you and your LOs are all doing so well.

What a pity about your photos, I would be heartbroken.

Poor little Edwin has a stinking cold, it's the second time he's been ill and I'm waiting for it to clear up so he can have his 4 month jabs done. A hazard of having two I guess.

He's not rolling, he almost goes from front to back then gives up! I chose not to use a jumparoo or walker when DD was small due to the potential toe walking issues they can cause so no standing either!

I was incredibly gutted to get AF back already last month, I had 10 months off last time. Still exclusively BF apart from 3 little spoons of homemade rice puree to see what his tongue push reflex was like. He seems about ready but I thought I'd give it a bit longer as he's still gaining weight well. Considering how light he was when he was born he gained rapidly and is stable between the 50-75th percentile now!

DD is still enchanted which is great!

Sorry to hear poor Edwin is ill, hope he gets better soon!

I've not heard about the toe walking problem, hopefully we don't have any issues...

Ive tried to attach some photos of dylan to show you but not sure if it has worked....

I think I just over researched everything with Noelle and probably made my own life difficult! Lol!

I don't see the photos. I'm struggling with an upload too.

Awww, I can see Sam and Dylan in your profile pictures! They look so cute!! :) I love the hats!

I can't upload with my phone for some reason so will try on my laptop now which means I don't have any good photos, only a couple I have saved off my facebook account so the quality is poor.

Maybe if any of you use FB we could share details if you like.

Attachments

• babies.jpg
    babies.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Edwin_raspberry.jpg
    Edwin_raspberry.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 5
What great photos of Edwin and Noelle!

I'm on Facebook, under Hannah Gleeson. There's is a black and white photo of me and Dylan cuddling :)

He looks way more grown up than Edwin - maybe it's all that hair!

Oh, Edwin started rolling the day after i said he couldn't! Front to back.

Finding me by name is impossible on FB but after the .com try /emma.griffy or replace the dot with a hyphen if that doesn't work.

Hi ladies!

Doesn't last year seem so long ago? I just thought I'd check in with you all as we reach the year mark.

How are you all? How are the babies?

I am incredibly broody! I want another one! I had already started trying for Edwin at this point when Noelle was his age but I think reality has to step in this time and more than 2 children might be hard to manage financially. :)

I am moving back to the UK and I don't have work to go to there at the moment so I will be home with the children until I get something suitable. I am not sure how that will go, I can manage a few days of both together (Noelle is still in nursery until we leave) but I get a little bored at times.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies, I think I may have accidentally unsubscribed from this thread as I didn't see some of the last posts. I can believe A is one!!! How did that happen??!! We had such a lovely day for her birthday but have been feeling so nostalgic since!

Emma, I know what you mean about feeling broody! I do a little bit but it would be totally impractical given the complications I had in pregnancy last time - I'd be so worried that I wouldn't be able to lift LO! Yay to moving back to the uk, are you happy about that?

How is everyone else, would be lovely to hear from you all and see how the babas (toddlers :cry:) are all getting on! Xx

Hi ladies!

Can't get my head around a LO's turning one!!! We still have just over a week to go. Dylan is walking now which is both easier and harder in equal measures :-D

Emma it's been great seeing your updates and Edwin on Facebook! Are you back in UK yet?

I'm also broody! I found the first 5 months or so tough going but I am just loving being a mum more every day! Financially we just can't but maybe one day.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->