VBAC after sections

charlieworld

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was wondering if I could get some experiences of ppl who have had a VBAC after 1 or 2 sections - therefore, never had a natural birth?

I had my first at 33 weeks, emerg section, then my second 2 years later by elective. Up until recently, I have been saying to myself I would have another section now as I know the process, but in recent weeks I have been leaning towards a water birth. (I've never even felt a abour pain!)

Would love to hear some stories, successes and failures?

Thank you

I had to have a section at 34 weeks, due to iugr, so I've never felt labour pains either! I'm hoping for a vbac this time. Because I've had a section, I've been told I'm not allowed a water birth as your deemed high risk. If the pool is free, I'm allowed to labour in the pool, but have to deliver on dry land. Also been told I'll need more monitoring because of the risk of uterine rupture. Before you get your heart set on a water birth, double check what your consultant will allow x

Thanks Lexi! Good point - will ask midwife this afternoon.
The further complication is that I live on the welsh border so my midwife and birthing centre is in Wales, but if I were to have a section, it would be in England, therefore any last minute transfers would have to be via ambulance 40minutes............

I'm not allowed in the midwife birthing unit either, because of the high risk factor, even though its within my hospital. Are you able to have a vbac at the hospital that would do the section if needed so you don't have to worry about transfers? I'm hoping to avoid c section unless absolutely necessary!! x

Definately chat to them. I doubt a midwife led unit 40 minutes from a operating theatre will do vbacs. I'm having vbac at my local hospital. I had emcs with my first after failed forcep delivery. I like the idea of labouring in the pool.... Might ask about that myself. I want to avoid being stuck on the bed this time.

The answer is that I wouldn't have any birth at the birthing unit, and the nearest hospital won't let me have a VBAC in a pool either, as they are all in the labour ward, and having had 2 sections, I would automatically be on the consultant led ward. Arghh.

Frustrating as just beginning to warm to the idea of a natural birth, but it can't be water. How frustrating.

Just got to think its whats safest for you and baby. I had my heart set on a water birth in the midwife unit with Joshua, and had to have a c section. One if the first things I asked this time was if I'd be allowed a water birth this time :( it's disheartening, but if it gets baby here safely I don't mind. If you really want a water birth, only other option would be to look into a home birth and getting your own pool. They won't be overly supportive of it, but I'm not sure they can refuse?? I know for me, however much I want a water birth, after the complications with Joshua, I have to be at the hospital for the nicu and the tests this baby will need at delivery :( x

ive had two sections. first was sn emergency and the second was a failed vbac.
i could opt for another go although my cons isnt very keen and if i did i would be constantly monitered.
I also wanted a water birth with my first so i wad gutted! Theres no way id be able to have one now as of the risks. If i even mentioned home birth i think my cons would faint lol Not that i would have one as i think its far too risky. Seeing her again at 35 weeks to discuss my plan i just want whats best for the baby and me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->