VBAC info/support

I've drank it on and off entire pregnancy with no problems. Doc approved, but said it hardly does a thing other than MAYBE tone the uterus. Seems like a lot of stalk is put into RLT with not much evidence to support that it helps. But I've been using it!

I'm hoping for VBAC, short age gap 13 months. All consultants and midwives have been 100% supportive, can even VBAC in water.

Ladies had a wonderful vbac on feb 4. 22 months after emcs with dd. I was 37w 5d. Starting having contractions , labored all on own and after 10 hours and. 40 min of pushing my dd2 was born with only minor second degree tear. Good luck everyone!

^Aww CONGRATS on your VBAC capegirl7!!! :happydance:

I know you're prob VERY busy lol.. but whenever you get a chance can you post what you did to go into labor that early?! Any natural induction methods or was it spontaneous labor?

^Aww CONGRATS on your VBAC capegirl7!!! :happydance:

I know you're prob VERY busy lol.. but whenever you get a chance can you post what you did to go into labor that early?! Any natural induction methods or was it spontaneous labor?

Hey hun. I was 2 cm and 50% effaced on Thursday at doctors. I was getting irregular contractions since then. On Monday DH and I dtd and then right after that starting getting contractions 2-3 min apart lasting 30-40 seconds. Went to hospital and was 3.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced. Contractions got worse and I progressed from there. I didn't need any inducing medication for labor to progress. Also my DH rubbed my belly after we DTD to try and irritate it (midwife said this works). With dd1 my water broke when he was doing it at 39 weeks and this time it made contractions get regular. Goodluck!!

Congrats Capegirl! I love that your OH irritated your baby out of there! lol Perfect job for my OH!

Hi ladies,

I am attempting my VBAC (due 3rd August 2014) and I am very very anxious, reading this thread has made me feel a lot better. I had to have a C-section with my now 18 month old because she was breech, I went into labour but it was very early labour so I am hopeful everything will go OK this time xx

I just realised I never updated after my little boys birth on Oct 11th! :dohh:

I got my VBAC!!! :happydance:

My waters broke in bed at 2am when I was 9 days overdue. Baby put in an almighty kick and they burst all over the bed! :dohh:

Called the hospital who wanted me to go straight in. By the time I put the phone down I was having very strong contractions every 3-4 minutes. My friend picked us up and drove us to the hospital. That was the most painful car ride of my life!

Was examined at the maternity assessment unit and was 3cm but was having contractions every 2-3 minutes so they sent me to delivery. That was down the corridor and by the time I got there I was 4cm. By this point I was asking for an epidural it was so painful and the contractions were every 2 minutes. My husband and the midwife reminded me that I didn't want one really and to work my way through the pain relief options.

I got a shot of diamorphine (was already on G&A) which slightly took the edge off. :thumbup: I point blank refused to get on the bed. :haha: Just spent my time leaning over it rocking. My husband held the monitor in place whilst I was up and about which didn't bother me.

My body started pushing on its own! I had no control and asked the midwife if it was ok and she said not to worry and she'd examine me shortly. With each push there was a gush down my legs which I assumed was water (I had my eyes shut) but it was in fact blood! :wacko: Midwife asked if I had pain in-between contractions which I didn't so she was happy for me to carry on. :thumbup: She asked to examine me again so I got on the bed and she said I was 10cm! :happydance: Told me to work with my body and actively push! I told her I didn't want to be on the bed - she said she couldn't let me deliver on the floor but that I did.t have to push on my back and that I could try on my side. So I did but found it really hard. She then suggested I knelt over the headboard on my knees which was much easier. :thumbup: Pushing literally was like taking the biggest poo ever! :haha::dohh: In the end he came out though. :happydance::thumbup: My husband cut the cord and then he was passed through my legs and I held him skin to skin before delivering the placenta and then turning round and lying down to be stitched (2nd degree tear! ouch!). In total from waters breaking to him being born it was 6.5 hours!

He has breastfed like a trooper from day one and weighed in at 8lb 6oz. :cloud9:

I had to stay in hospital for 3 days as I collapsed an hour or so after delivery, had to have IV fluids (my veins kept collapsing! :wacko:) and had to have 3 units of blood and ECGs. I've had more ECGs, an echocardiogram and a 999 call / ambulance journey and still waiting on some test results but I'm sure they'll be fine.

I'm so glad I got my VBAC and I really hope you ladies get it too. I'd just recommend you write a birth plan and have a strong birth partner. :thumbup: It really was scary but I found it so empowering and primal! Wow! :happydance:

I hear ya, the car ride was bad for me too :) I also got a 2nd degree tear. Congratulations on a successful vbac!!

Hi ladies! This has been really interesting reading!! My first baby was emcs after my waters broke but I didn't labour, I was induced but after 8 hours of intense contractions, g&a and an ineffective epi and dipping foetal heart rates and still only being 3cm the decision was made for a c section ... the official reason was failure to progress! The section itself was hard as the epi still didn't work fully but pain was bearable and I got skin to skin after, recovery was great...no pain really tbh.

This time I'm petrified of natural labour!! I'm only 5" 2 and a very anxious person that hates being out of control. Had my meeting with consultant 2 weeks ago. She was lovely and happy for me to make all the decisions.

Decided against induction so booked c section for 40weeks, if spontaneous labour before then to trial labour. She talked me through when to come to hospital, how regular I'll be assessed and what the options are if I fail to progress.

Still terrified of a natural birth but feeling g a bit better now we have a plan.

Cannula and continuous monitoring are part of the vbac deal but I kinda get that....it took three attempts and over 15 mins to get a cannula in my hand last time so in emergency I'd rather have it there ready to go...

Hi ladies. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is normal.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and had a c-section almost 17 months ago. I haven't had any issues with this pregnancy. About a week ago, I started having some pain/discomfort along what I'm assuming is my internal scar on my uterus. It isn't a sharp or tearing pain, more like extreme sensitivity whenever baby is moving and rubs over that spot. Is this normal or is it something to worry about? With my due date closing in, all the what-ifs are starting to pile on and I'm very nervous about things going wrong. I can't help but wonder if my uterus is stretched too thin and that's my issue.

I see my midwife again on Tuesday so I'll ask her then, but was wondering in the meantime if I might find some reassurance here.

I experienced similar discomfort along certain parts of my scar too. Ended up being nothing to worry about. Still check in with your midwife just in case. :hugs:

Shelby- I also had uterine scar pain... my CS was only 12 mos ago. They did an ultrasound to check on it for me and said they'd watch it during labor also. It hurts the worst during contractions :/

VBAC induction at 6 am tomorrow!!!!!! I can't wait ladies, I will update with how it all goes! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->