vbac planning or having anyone?

I'm hoping for a vba2c.. First section was failure to progress, second one for pre-eclampsia (not in labour).

That's interesting about the continuous monitoring, will be pulling off the research about that and pinning it to my notes! In my work as a mw I've only ever seen one rupture (well, it happened to the lady I was looking after but 3 or so hours after I'd gone home) and she was having huge huge doses of synto so it was hardly a surprise. At least because of my job I'm quite happy to challenge things and not afraid of articulating things!

I'm planning on Hypnobirthing and will stay at home as long as possible before going in!

I had to have an emergency c-section, and have been told that i stand no chance of trying for another home birth, so will be choosing to have a planned c-section :nope:

Why have you been told no chance of a HB? You don't need anyone's permission.

I had an EMCS after a 48 hour labour, drip, monitor etc got to 9.5cm they never bothered to manually move the cervix baby was never in distress yet off I went to theatre classed as failure to progress <facepalm>.

I'm having an HBAC - or hoping to. My MW is supportive and the OB realised he couldnt scare me this week but we'll see what happens lol.

I had to have an emergency c-section, and have been told that i stand no chance of trying for another home birth, so will be choosing to have a planned c-section :nope:

That statement is so baffling to me in so many ways! Who ever told you that you stand no chance needs a good slap! Not only have so many women gone on to have a VBAC but many of those women also go on to have home births. It is always YOUR choice hun. They have to convince you, you don't have to convince them. :flower:

That statement is so baffling to me in so many ways! Who ever told you that you stand no chance needs a good slap! Not only have so many women gone on to have a VBAC but many of those women also go on to have home births. It is always YOUR choice hun. They have to convince you, you don't have to convince them. :flower:

Unfortunately also my hubby doesn't want to go through it all again, as he thought he was going to lose me and the baby :nope:

But my PA wants a home birth when she has her next baby and i can't wait to be able to give her all the info i had, as i love listening about peoples home births

Im so glad I found this thread. Im planning on having a vbac water birth next time. Id quite like a hbac but I figure if the consultants kick a fuss up about a hbac I can compramise with a water birth :) I wont be having another baby for a fair few years but Ive got it planned already lol. I got to 10cm and was allowed to push for 2 hours but baby got stuck and distressed (which I swear was because they kept shoving me on the bed to be monitored and also let me have pethedine even though babys heart rate wasnt amazingly stable!!!! grrr) so next time should be no problems.

Im refusing all pain relief next time as well, which Im hoping to help. People think Im being silly when I say I want a water birth as they dont think Ill be allowed but Im pretty much telling them thats whats going to happen. :)

Think I might have a read through some of those sites.

This is a great thread :thumbup:

I would like to have a hbac/vbac this time - my mw told me that the hospital like to have you constantly monitored but really there's no reason to - so you can just say that you don't want it!

Also I was induced with DS so was constantly monitored and hooked up to a drip - I managed to move around relatively easily, doing yoga moves and everything, so if you HAVE to be monitored don't think you have to lie on the bed :D

If you search the net, you should be able to find the research that states that continuous fetal monitoring has no better outcomes than intermittant and in fact leads to a rise in interventions.
Again, not sure how it works in Australia?

I can't find the research you seem to be describing, I have a consultant appointment coming up and would like to at least have read it to discuss it if needsbe (hoping to stay at home as long as possible with community midwife support and go in at 8cm to deliver) - would you mind giving me the research you mention?

Thank you!

I'm planning a VBAC and now will have alot of questions at my next appointment! The MW never mentioned continuous monitoring, maybe the consultant I have to be under this time will at my appointment next week.

I'll definately not be opting for continuous, I want to do exactly what I did last time - which was going really well until I got to hospital, that's where it didn't progress any further. If I can get away with labouring at home and 'not making it to hospital' or at least until 8-9cm I think I will.

If you search the net, you should be able to find the research that states that continuous fetal monitoring has no better outcomes than intermittant and in fact leads to a rise in interventions.

I can't find the research you seem to be describing, I have a consultant appointment coming up and would like to at least have read it to discuss it if needsbe (hoping to stay at home as long as possible with community midwife support and go in at 8cm to deliver) - would you mind giving me the research you mention?

Thank you!

Sorry to interrupt ladies..

I know of 2 bits of research in this area that are in the USA, but will have a look to see if there is anything more current.
1 - "continuous fetal heart rate conitoring", lancet, 12 Dec 1987, 1375-7
2 - RCOG recommendations from a study of 35k women showed that there wasn't any benifical outcome to baby from CFM. C-sections and use of forceps were increased by 33%. Due to any signs of distress is acted upon more frequently, but this study also showed the babies chances of survival were not improved by operative deliveries. Also it found that often the baby wasn't found to have a lower APGAR score after operational delivery, which would have been expected in cases of fetal distress.
XxX

Thank you!

Not sure if this is what you meant but here is the cochrane review of continuous monitoring and its outcomes - https://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab006066.html

shows that there is no difference with maternal or neonatal death rates but increased rates of intrumental delivies and c sections when CTG is used!

Here is another link as well where the NCT discuss it a little bit -https://www.nct.org.uk/info-centre/decisions/view-40

meant to add im hopefulyl having a vbac too... overdue now so hopefully bubs makes an appearence soon!

i am fighting a big battle about continuous monitoring at my hospital hehe they realllllly want me to be on the ctg but its my choice so meh

meant to add im hopefulyl having a vbac too... overdue now so hopefully bubs makes an appearence soon!

i am fighting a big battle about continuous monitoring at my hospital hehe they realllllly want me to be on the ctg but its my choice so meh

It is your choice! I had to be on one of those after a high BP check and man was it annoying. I couldn't even imagine it while trying to deal with contractions. I think a lot of times it's just to cover their bums iykwim.

Hey all, I had a VBA2C last june in the hospital I can do a home birth. I did have to have monitoring, but I had a cordless monitor, so i was free to walk, lay, even go in the water when I wanted to, so ask your hospital or doctor if that have cordless monitoring. So now I am prego with number 4, researching on whither I can do a home birth, physically and financially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->