Vegan

JJ44KK

Reaction score
I'm a vegan and my mum keeps moaning at me because I wont eat much =[
Nearly everything seems to contain milk or eggs or even both =[

Does anybody know any new foods I could try?

If you are a vegan you may have to shop exclusively in a health food store....
and you'll have to do some research on where you will get your protien and calcium and other vit's.
most vegans I have seen or been around get lazy and just don't eat anything.
( i spent a year living in BC canada with a bunch of hippies)

How long have you been a vegan?
and did you start out as a veggie?

OOOoooooo

OK - get some vegan mince, fry it up, add in a pepper, onion and garlic, courgette and mushrooms... add some herbs, chilli powder and after a few minutes add a can of chopped tomatoes... boil some pasta and voila - chilli! I like to pour in a bit of beer or red wine sometimes...

Another: fry some onions, peppers, garlic and vegan sosmix balls... boil some pasta, drain and mix with the onions, peppers etc and about 150g of humous.

Yet another: Carrots and Humous.

Enjoy!

Mr Fat Bum!

when I was veggie, most of the things I ate were suitable for vegans.

I used to eat alot of pasta and rice. I'd make a tomato sauce to go with pasta (olive oil, garlic, herbs, red wine and tomatoes) which was lovely.

Will have a think of the other ones though

MMMmmmmmmm yummy.....reminds me I have a bag of veggie chili mix..thanks Mr. Bum,.....
hehehehe

have you tried google " vegan recipes"
always worth a try and you'll get some good ideas for cooking.
I may do that myself..haha Oh does most of the cooking and 60% of our meals are veggie. i woudl go veg but worried I wouldn't get the right amounts of protein.

I am a vegetarian, but also make a lot of vegan food. Here is one:

Bean and rice burritos

1 can kidney beans
Cooked rice
Garlic
Oregano
Chili powder
Cumin
Coriander
Tomato passata
Tomato puree
Burritos
Lettuce - individual leaves
Onions - chopped
Fresh tomatos - chopped
Veggie cheese (if you want)
Guacamole (if you want)
Salsa

If using fresh garlic, fry it up in the pot you will use for the dish. Mash the beans with a potato masher. Add as much of the cooked rice as you like (I make this dish with leftover rice). Add the passata and spices. I just throw in a pinch here, a dash there with the spices. If you want it more spicy, then add in more of the spices. You can thicken the mixture with a bit of tomato puree.

The burritos can be microwaved on a plate for 15 seconds each. You then put in the bean mixture, vegetables, salsa, cheese and guacamole on top and fold it.

Also, you may wish to go to https://www.vegsoc.org.uk where they have a large recipe archive, many that are vegan.

Get one or two good cookbooks for inspiration!
A good one I can recommend is 'Veganomicon', there are loads of others, too. Just have a look on Amazon!
Both me and DH are vegan, we end up eating a lot of stirfries mainly because we're a bit lazy... Oven bakes are great too, with bunch of different veg and tofu, and some herbs. And you can always coat everything with nutritional yeast for a nice cheesy flavour!

there are supplements in recipes, like replacing milk with applesauce (I think, don't quote me on that one) Search them on the vegan websites :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->