Vegitarian?

ArtIsLife

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about being vegetarian and pregnancy? I'm vegetarian and do not know if it will matter through pregnancy or not. (I'm assuming I need to just make sure I'm not deficient in anything?)

I'm vegan for the last 6 years after 28weeks into my last pregnancy I turned vegetarian as I had a low iron count and low weight gain. My sister was a strict vegetarian with her twins and she had two other kids aswel. You'll be fine. It doesn't matter unless your over weight or underweight.

Just make sure you are getting iron and protein from other sources

It shouldn't do, I would just get straight on a ttc/pregnancy vitamin and ensure to eat foods that are rich in calcium, protein and iron.

Awesome, that's what I was hoping, I will have to keep track, and I just started taking a prenatal vitamin even though we won't be TTC till late spring.

I'm vegetarian too...as long as we eat a balnaced diet I'm sure we will be fine. I too have been taking a prenatal vitamin for a while!! I've heard it can prevent morning sickness if you start taking it a long time in advance!! Here's hoping!

I'm vegetarian too...as long as we eat a balnaced diet I'm sure we will be fine. I too have been taking a prenatal vitamin for a while!! I've heard it can prevent morning sickness if you start taking it a long time in advance!! Here's hoping!

I didn't know it could help with morning sickness! That would be great. One reason I already take prenatals as well is because my mom got really sick FROM her vitamins, so I would like to get used to them now so they dont make me sick when I do get pregnant. (also I take it for the vitamins while WTT/TTC obviously)

I'm an ethical vegan and plan to be vegan through whatever pregnancy I may be blessed with. You can get all of the nutrition you need with well-planned meals! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->