Vent sorry ! .....Gallbladder attack

crownest

Reaction score
So just back from hospital I'm having a gallbladder attack and inflamed tummy , I'm 19 weeks 5 days I've had bad morning sickness since I was 5 weeks I only agreed to take something for nausea a few days ago have I caused the gallbladder attack because of chronic vomiting and nauseous? The doctor kinda lectured me on not taking anything for the nausea and not taking painkillers for SPD. I feel so guilty he said I could damage the baby but I thought I was doing the right thing in refusing meds and I have chronic pain anyway from hypermobility and arthritis so I have always said no to pain meds unless really bad I often pop shoulders and knees back in myself without anything. Anyway he gave me zoran for the nausea I refused pain meds but he made me promise I'd go back for pain meds if it stops me eating. I'm doubting myself over everything now I only went to hospital because my husband made me I thought it was nothing .
Sorry if I'm rambling just over tired and slightly freaked out

Gallbladder attacks are incredibly painful... I had mine out when my first son was about 10 months.. I'd say just watch for yellowing of the skin or eyes during the attacks, I ended up with pancreatitis after years of having attacks that I thought were what people referred to as indigestion..

I will say, with my first son I never even took a tylenol or anything and this pregnancy I have been on everything from ibuprofen to morphine and dilotted, had my appendix taken out at about 14.5 weeks...and baby is perfectly healthy.. I hated the idea of taking anything, it killed me, but they assured me so many times that it was okay..the worst was probably the ibuprofen, they said the risk of morphine and those is the baby being born addicted but if you're not at the end then there is nothing to say it's bad.. wishing you the best, my pregnancy has been a hailstorm too.

I'm sorry you're going through that! Gallbladder attacks are awful :( don't beat yourself up about not taking anything, I'm the same way-I'm sure you're just fine. You have to make the call on whether or not you're comfortable taking meds.

HI ladies thanks for your advice I think I was fed up and having a pity party for myself. Ive taken the anti nausea and some Tylenol to give my body a little break. I've had lovely day reading , napping and generally chilling out.
I'm glad I said no to the morphine but I'll consider it if I get really bad for a day or two. I suffer from chronic pain anyway and decided years ago to only take pain relief when really need it as I didn't want to develop a tolerance. Some doctors are more open to this than others and my husband had to explain that I've a high pain tolerance and I'd be ok.

I'm glad your husband was able to talk to you about it and make you feel better :) husbands are the best sometimes, my dh has been amazing with my whole ordeal today. I hope you continue to do what's best for you and baby, whatever that may be.

I'm glad your husband was able to talk to you about it and make you feel better :) husbands are the best sometimes, my dh has been amazing with my whole ordeal today. I hope you continue to do what's best for you and baby, whatever that may be.
Thanks he's very good at knowing when I'm really need help rather than just needing to moan. I just wish the doctor listen to me rather than my DH having to step in. He trusts my instincts which is great.

Just stumbled across this thread --I'm so sorry you feel so miserable. : (

I developed gall bladder problems when I was pregnant with our oldest. It manifested as horrible shooting pains in my back and ribcage. But, my first full-blown attack wasn't until I was pregnant with our second. (For some reason I only have issues when I'm pregnant.) It was one of the most painful things I've ever felt!! Something that helped alleviate the pain during my first pregnancy was drinking apple cider vinegar. It's disgusting lol, but it works. I would just take a couple of spoonfuls in a cold bottle of water every day. A few straight spoonfuls also stopped the attack. (BURNS like crazy lol, but stopped the attack.) ACV also helps with nausea and upset stomach, just FYI. Maybe it is worth a shot. : ) I hope you feel better and can rest!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->