Very distraught. 2 ultrasounds seeing very little

stphbern8

Reaction score
I have abnormal cycles, so I'm not sure of the date of my last period. I had an ultrasound at what I thought could possibly be 6 weeks. When the doctor did my transvaginal ultrasound, there was a large gestational sac and a blur as the embryo measuring 1 mm. He said it looked like I was about 4-5 weeks. 22 days later (today), I had another transvaginal ultrasound. The tech measured the sac at 7 weeks and the crown to rump was only 6 weeks.
I was told to have another ultrasound in 7-10 days.

I thought I was a bit further than this. But I really don't know I guess.
I have a tilted uterus. Could this effect visualizing the baby?
Is it possible the baby is not developing?
I really feel like I am being uninformed of any possibilities, good or bad.
Any comments would help!

Sorry not much advice from me but didn't want to read and run. So thought If I bumped U up a bit someone else may be able to help out. Could you just be earlier than you thought? Did they see a heartbeat on the scan you had? (Could still be early) what did the tech say when you were there? Xx

Best thing to do is speak to a doctor Hun. It all does seem rather unusual as you would expect a good progression on scans with 22 days between them but I'm no expert. I hope you get answers soon. Good luck!

I'm hazarding a guess that the CRL increased about 3mm in that 22 days? I don't want to be negative but that doesn't sound very encouraging. I would expext a CRL around 19mm 22 days later.

I wish you the best of luck xoxo

My friend has a tilted uterus and at her first ultra sound *I was with her) tge tech almost couldn't find the baby with because of her tilted uterus so maybe that had something to do with it.

Don't lose hope yet. Yes, a tilted uterus can totally confuse things. There are women who first see their babies at 9/10 weeks along due to their tilted uterus and see nothing (just an empty sac) until then.
22 days is a long enough time to see a big change in the fetus' size in a healthy pregnancy, but I wonder if the position of your uterus makes it very hard to visualize/measure the baby properly.
Have they detected a heart beat? Usually they say a heart beat should be visible if the crown rump length is over 5mm and/or by around 6 weeks along. Then again, you have the tilted uterus, so a bit hard to tell.
Yes, it is possible that the baby is not developing right, but definitely go to your next appointment and find out how much the baby has grown and try to get the tech to detect a heart beat. Then it will be much easier to know what is up.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->