Very Heavy First Period TMI

Aidedhoney

Mum of Nats & Alex
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Got my first period after my c section 6 wks ago last wk. It started off with some brownish discharge which was very light. Was feeling rather smug but since last night it has been so heavy.
I am feeling what can only be described as small gushes as it comes out on to my pad. It is bright red blood and there are no clots. This morning i had soaked through to the bed sheets which has never happened with my period before.

Is this normal? Have my 6 wk check on Friday but worried i should perhaps try and get to the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks

My first two periods have been a frikken nightmare - very heavy. My second period - I had to wear a pad with a tampax - just in case. I was starting to soak through too!

However once they are gone its fine - I think your body is just trying to deal with a change just now. its always worth asking the doc though!

Thank sb22, did go to the doc in the end who was brill as you said its your body just getting back to normal, if it were to continue very heavy for more than 48 hours he was going to do an internal then refer me for a scan.
Better safe than sorry but all good now.

Good to see Alex is doing well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"