Very Irregular Cycles and TTC

Angel_Grace

Reaction score
At the age of 34 I have never had what is considered to be a regular cycle. Much of this I believe is due to me being very overweight as the lighter I was the, the more 'regular' they became. At the moment I'm having a period approximately every 2 months however I do experience spotting in between times and as far as I know I'm not ovulating.

I am working on losing weight so I'm hoping things start to improve but I just wondered if anyone has ever experienced anything similar and gone on to conceive naturally? I'm starting to convince myself that it's never going to happen and it's really getting me down just now so it would be nice to hear of some positive outcomes.

Hi there!

I am the same way; I gained a good 60 pounds in the last few years and my cycles range from 22-85 days because of it. The norm for me is 35. I found out I was, in fact, ovulating though, just not conceiving in the 4 years that I could have. If you are able to track ovulation through temping and OPK, then that is a huge help.

For me though, as I got my first ever BFP yesterday, I just don't know why I couldn't conceive for so long. Then when I try my best to convince myself I don't want kids (really just to start living my life and protect myself from being let down over and over) I get pregnant. It is so very odd, and I cannot express to you how I did it or why it happened. I wasn't exactly stressed when I was NTNP or TTC, so the reason for this timing eludes me.

I just hope you the very best, and I know I can't help much, but if I can end up pregnant after 4 years, I believe it can happen for you. Just focus on yourself and becoming healthy, both inside and outside. I was focusing on myself when it happened for me, and I can't tell you how shocked I was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->