Very late announcement of Kacie Marie!

expecting09

Reaction score
Thought I'd type it all out before I forget!

The basics!
Born: 03/11/09 at 4:55pm (40+13)
Time in established labour: 7 hours 30 minutes
Time pushing: 15 minutes
Weight: 8lb 1

Monday 2nd November

The date of the induction!, went to the hospital at 8am.. was the only one on the ward, bliss! Had a pessary inserted at 9am, I thought it was gonna be a MASSIVE tampon thing the way my MW went on about it, but it was tiny! They said it would be in for 24 hours and then they would see how I was going. So me and mum got ready for a long day. Nothing much really happened, mum went home at 5pm (she was hungry, lol). So I settled in bed, about 9pm I started getting tightenings and period pains, every 10 minutes or so, they were horrible! Then it got till about 11pm and they were every 5-7 mins, the only way I could get through them was pacing round the bed! The midwives told me to go have a bath then try and get some sleep, like THAT was going to happen. Mum came back in 7am the next morning and contractions were coming every few minutes.

Tuesday 3rd November

At 10am the midwives sent me up to the delivery suite to get my waters broken and get that girl outta there, she was over cooked by now! I had my waters broken at about half 10 and were all green meconium (or however its spelt) where Kacie had poo'd inside... lovely!! The contractions were coming thick and fast now, but I still wasn't dilating as fast as they had hoped. The doctor came in to put the canular in my hand for the hormone drip, but it was a trainee and he couldn't find my vain :dohh: He had a good fiddle round inside my hand with the needle (I was bruised for 2 weeks!) so the other doctor did it in my other hand.. she did it fine! And I tell you what, them hormone drips don't half make things worse! Had a shot of pethadine then, and was droppin off to sleep then waking straight back up for another contraction. Whilst my mum was sitting in the corner doing my puzzle book like nothing was going on! haha. I had another internal at about 3:45pm and I was 8cm dilated, but baby was back to back, the MW said it would be a few hours yet so I decided to have an epidural, the anethetist came in to do it, told me to slouch forward to put the local anesthetic in, then told me to sit on the end of the bed, I swear I felt like I was sitting on something, MW didn't believe me, I told her to look and cocked my leg up like a dog peeing against a tree!! :haha: She told the anethetist to scrap the epidural, the babys head was coming.. and that was it, he was out the room in a shot. I pushed for 15 minutes and Kacie was here!

I can't believe I've actually given birth I'm such a wimp usually! haha

Heres a couple pics, one in hospital and one a couple days ago x

Attachments

• kaciemarie.jpg
    kaciemarie.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 58
  • SDC10497.jpg
    SDC10497.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 58
She finally came into the world after your very patient wait! Congrats hun she is so gorgeous! x

Many congratulations, she is absolutely adorable. Well done to you!!
xx

Congrats! She's beautiful. Love the name Kacie Marie too. Very pretty. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"