Very late booking bloods?

Mrs Treacle

Ben's mum & pregnant!
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm asking for advice or just need a vent really so bear with me!
I had my midwife booking appointment at 8 weeks after waiting 4 weeks for it (I made the appointment as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I saw a locum as the usual midwife was attending a home birth. She told me to make a booking bloods appointment with my local surgery which I did. The quickest they could get me in was this morning, I am now over 10 weeks.
I arrived for the bloods only to find that the midwife has not given me a signed form which I needed for them to take the bloods. I was told to make another appointment once I had this signed form. By the time I get the bloods done I will be over 12 weeks when they should be done at around 8.
I also didn't get an info leaflet about the 12 week scan tests they carry out which apparently I need to read before my scan next friday.
My next midwife checkup which I am supposed to have at the end of July I cannot have as the earliest they can get me in is the second week of August. I know this is my second baby but I had so many issues with late/completely missed appointments with my first baby, I was really hoping it would be different this time.
I have left a message but they don't check their voicemails until the morning so I guess I will just wait to see what they say.
Rant over.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->