Very new and in need of advice!! Please!!

mrsmac1987

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Greetings from the land down under!!

I signed up specifically to ask this question so I hope you can help. Sorry its long!!
First time TTC.

I have been using clear blue advanced digital test. These were the results.
Sunday 6th - Flashing smiley - Had sex
Monday 7th - Flashing Smiley - Had sex twice
Tuesday 8th - Flashing Smiley - No sex
Wednesday 9th - Flashing Smiley - No sex
Thursday 10th - Flashing Smiley - Had sex (around 12:30am-1:30am)
Friday 11th - Peak Smiley (around 7am) - No sex
Saturday 12th - Peak Smiley - No Sex
Sunday 13th - Back to negative

It's is very hard to DTD due to mine and my fiances work schedules and very unfortunately couldn't DTD during my peak. I came off birth control 2 months ago and this was my first cycle TTC and using OPK.
As I have been on the pill for so long I have no idea what ovulation is like.
I did check CM but I didn't have much/if any.
I obviously ovulated somewhere between Friday morning and this morning (Sunday) .. had quite bad cramping on the right side all of yesterday (Saturday) so I assume it was at some point during that time.

My question is.. due to missingDTD on my peak, do you think it's possible to still get pregnant?? Now we have made up our minds we want a baby we want it now haha but I just don't want to get any hopes up if I missed the boat this month!
Has anyone else conceived from just having sex once 2-3 days before ovulation?

Answers would be greatly appreciated, I'm so confused!!!

Yes, sperm can live up to 5 days before fertilizing the egg. So you still have a chance.

Thank you so much! I was concerned because of lack of CM and hoping the little guys are strong suckers! Fingers crossed, time to play the waiting game :)

I only get 2 days of "fertile" cm...mind you I hardly ever get ewcm..the last time cm was somewhat watery and not even clear...I didnt bd on those 2 day nor the day before or after...and I got my bfp

Ok, so it is now Sunday 27th December and I have calculated that I am now 15dpo.
I have been checking my cervix, it is high (can barely reach it) and very soft. So much so that I can barely recognise it, feels just the same as the vaginal walls. I have had slight cramping since 10dpo.
Have taken 3 early response tests.
11dpo - negative
13dpo - negative
15dpo - negative.
This is my first month off the pill trying to conceive so I have no idea how long my cycle is. Ever since 'O' my CM has been very apparent but not knowing my cycles I have no idea if this would be something that is 'normal' for me or not.
When I checked CP this morning my CM had a brownish tinge to it.
I have no idea if it's too late for implantation bleeding to be appearing or if AF is on her way. I'm going a bit crazy playing this waiting game. I feel like I'm out because I'm currently on CD34 and it just feels too late to be able to get a bfp.

Hmm...I think 15dpo is late to be getting implantation bleeding. I mean I can't tell you for sure since I'm not a doctor and everyone it's different, but it sounds like AF to me (and since you've gotten 3 BFNs). Wait and see if bleeding continues and turns into AF. Keep us posted!

Just went to the bathroom and when I wiped the brownish tinge is now turning to a pinkish colour and getting the very familiar AF cramps. Cervix is still very high and very soft, I cannot tell if it's open or closed because I can barely reach it (even when squatting and bearing down) but I think I think the witch is getting very close :( will keep you posted until she actually 'arrives'

Hello! I have been ttc #1 since coming off the pill last May. OPKs are a great tool but I would recommend temping and charting in addition to using OPKs to make sure you are ovulating and to know exactly when you ovulated. You can actually have multiple lh surges in a cycle so only using OPKs may not be the most accurate way to predict O. Sometimes your body gets ready to release an egg and will have an lh surge and then for whatever reason it changes its mind and does not release the egg but you will have an lh surge later. If you haven't read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weshler I highly recommend it, it will teach you everything you need to know about charting and temping as well as a lot of other wonderful information on fertility and baby making. I also use Pre-seed almost every time we have sex because I don't have good CM, just a thought for you too since you mentioned you had a lack of ewcm. Of course if you get your BFP this cycle none of this will matter! Good luck and I will look forward to following your story.

You're right! I think I might have to get into tempting and charting. I didn't realise how big of a deal trying to conceive/ this whole 2ww thing would be. It's very emotionally draining. You just think have sex, get pregnant it's easy, but it's not like that at all.
UPDATE! I have had really bad AF cramps all day(and still do) They were so bad that when I went to the bathroom I honestly thought it was going to be like a crime scene down there lol but it wasn't. At the moment I have some brown spotting mixed with CM. Unfortunately I think AF will be here tomorrow.

You're right! I think I might have to get into tempting and charting. I didn't realise how big of a deal trying to conceive/ this whole 2ww thing would be. It's very emotionally draining. You just think have sex, get pregnant it's easy, but it's not like that at all.
UPDATE! I have had really bad AF cramps all day(and still do) They were so bad that when I went to the bathroom I honestly thought it was going to be like a crime scene down there lol but it wasn't. At the moment I have some brown spotting mixed with CM. Unfortunately I think AF will be here tomorrow.

It's definitely very draining and can be stressful! Do your best to relax and keep yourself busy. Have tea, do yoga, bake, watch tv, or whatever does it for you! :) I'm struggling with it as well!

I can DEFINITELY relate, back in May I thought that you come off BCP start screwing all the time and BAM 9 months later comes the baby! What I didn't know about my own body was amazing. Now that I am learning more it is great to be on BnB and share my knowledge with others and I still have a lot to learn myself. Good luck and I look forward to following your story!

Hi ladies,
Thank you all so much for your encouragement and support, its nice to meet people that are in the same boat as me who i can share the journey with.
AF showed up this morning :(
So much for all that I have read about CP being low and hard before AF, definitely gave me false hope. At least I'm getting to know my body better which will make it a bit easier to understand what is going on each month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->