Very small amount of dark brown stuff on tissue

chocolate

Reaction score
Hiya,
I know a lot of women bleed in pregnancy and go on to have healthy babies etc. and this goes for old blood too.
I just wanted some info. on what happens ifs:

So I have had no bleeding in previous pregnancy etc. and so far with this pregnancy nothing until this evening, there seemed to be some dark brown streaks within discharge after wiping - but so small, and next wipe nothing.
So I checked cervix which feels very low and soft - but not sure if this is normal for me in pregnancy anyway, then wiped again and got another dark brown streak but very small again.

So Im hoping I get no more, or at least get no red blood or cramps - I have my first scan Tuesday.
I just want to know if you have to go to hospital if you start bleeding?
I have ds to look after - and this sounds bad - but if its a case of they cant do anything anyway, then Id rather wait at home till the morning and then go get checked if anything happens in the night.

Honey I had this last Saturday (with cramps) and went to hospital and to A&E and to be honest they did absolutely nothing. I found that being there just stressed me out more and more and they were actually very rude to me. They advised me to rest until Monday when I could get a scan. Thankfully everything was OK and the brown spotting completely cleared up by Monday.

Good luck and hope all is well at your scan. Apparently its more common than we think, or so I was told.

Rest up and take care xxxx

I had the same thing on Christmas eve and have had nothing since. No cramps, no red blood just some brownish-orange discharge. I really panicked at first but its been a while with nothing. I think it was from having sex earlier this week and we may have been a little rough. Everything is shut down around here right now so I have to wait till monday to talk to anyone. I think everything will be ok. I'm still nauseous and puking, still have the sore boobs...so wait and see I guess!

Honey I had this last Saturday (with cramps) and went to hospital and to A&E and to be honest they did absolutely nothing. I found that being there just stressed me out more and more and they were actually very rude to me. They advised me to rest until Monday when I could get a scan. Thankfully everything was OK and the brown spotting completely cleared up by Monday.

Good luck and hope all is well at your scan. Apparently its more common than we think, or so I was told.

Rest up and take care xxxx

Thanks, am trying to not pick ds up too quickly etc. and am resisting checking down there every 10 mins!

How long did you get it for? I havent had very much at all, but cant help but worry a bit - atleast my scan is Tuesday so havent got to wait for that.

Going to hospital would def. stress me out as we'd have to drop ds somewhere and he would be really distressed being left.

Thanks for your reply

Just after a bit more advice - so have still been having very small amounts of brown type discharge, but only on wiping - but the last time I went it was sort of a green colour, which I have had on occasion before, but I have read that this can happen in pregnancy.

Could you get an infection without knowing it? Im having routine blood tests tomorrow and scan tuesday - would either of these pick it up, or would I need to see a doctor?

Its such small amounts and only on wiping that I dont really feel so worried that I want to see a doctor - but equally dont know anything about infections etc.

I had exactly the same as you at 11 weeks. Brown streaks of stretchy stuff when wiping after a wee. I spoke to the midwife the next day and she put my mind totally at rest by saying that the advice that they give to all pregnant ladies is that if it is brown and not accompanied by cramping, that it normal, and there is no need to get it checked out.

She also told me it is common around the time that your period would have been due prior to the pregnancy.

Hope this helps to put your mind at rest :)

I am going through exactly the same hun, I had Brown discharge that looked almost greeny at first. I went to A&E and had an early scan that showed everything looking normal except they couldnt see bubs in the gestational sac yet? I was only 6wks so hopin at my next scan it'll be ok!
ANYWAYS back to you, Lots of girls on here have reassured me that some dark brown discharge, while not entirely "normal" is incredibly common!
Hope everythin goes ok hun

Nik x

Just an update - thanks for the replies -
I have since had some pinky red bleeding - not a lot, and no pains, but Im just waiting for a mc to happen. I had nothing like this in pregnancy with ds so Im quite worried.

Doctor said it sounds like a threatened mc - have my scan Tuesday anyway but its still a horrible wait, and I keep feeling very tearful which I didnt think I would.

I have a pad on and on some wipes I dont have any blood, but then the next I get some - more pinky and nothing like a period, but this could just be the beginning.
The only bit of hope is that I may be picking up heartbeat on doppler but really not sure as Im not sure if its it. It sounds similar to a galloping horse but very quiet and inconsistent, and the doppler ranges between 120 and 180 and doesnt pick up a definate.
But still - the doctor said to rest, but I have ds to care for, and also 2 other toddlers to look after when back to work next week, so its not like I can really rest. Dont think it would help anyway to be honest.

My fingers are crossed, but Im not too hopeful

Oh, and Im also kicking myself for having brocolli and stilton soup on christmas day incase that is what is causing the threatened mc!

From reading your posts I don't think there's anything to worry about hun. Last weekend I had heavy bleeding and got two large clots with it, then it stopped. We've been checked and baby and I are both fine. They say its not normal but it happens. Like you I didn't have any cramping so I wouldn't worry at all. Good luck for Tuesday.

From reading your posts I don't think there's anything to worry about hun. Last weekend I had heavy bleeding and got two large clots with it, then it stopped. We've been checked and baby and I are both fine. They say its not normal but it happens. Like you I didn't have any cramping so I wouldn't worry at all. Good luck for Tuesday.

Thanks for your reply, really happy for you guys that everything is ok - just seeing blood in pregnancy is such a worry. Hormones of course dont help. If everything is ok, I know Im going to worry through the rest of the pregnancy - but Ill just have to carry on as normal and pray for the best.

So far Ive had no more blood, there was only a couple of blotches on the pad so Im hoping this is spotting which I know is common - but still such a worry.

Actually I retract that comment - getting more blood again!

Just a quick update, sadly I miscarried in the early hours of yesterday morning, ds scanned this am - although they dont usually offer any scans or blood tests, and Ive def. miscarried.

We have a healthy and loving 18 month old ds to be very thankful for, so there is hope for the future - wishing you all luck - sorry to announce another sad story, but do remember that the statistics are in your favour, even if you have previously had a loss:hugs:

so sorry hun to hear what you have been through x
You have an amazing positive outlook and that will help you no end x
Thankyou for you positive words for the rest of us too hun x

HUGE hugs and I hope you are feeling better soon x

Ahh Chocolate so sorry to hear that :( sending you lots of hugs and kisses xxx

Sorry for your loss, hugs to you and your family. Take Care. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members