Very strange explanations for my miscarriages

MrsWhite

Reaction score
So I saw my OB GYN after my second miscarriage and she had some really strange things to say about both my miscarriages. I had a blighted ovum in November, discovered at 9 weeks during the ultrasound, had to take cytotec for that around 11 weeks. Then just a week and half ago I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. So she said that it was good news they were both two different kinds of miscarriages and that it probably won't happen again, and also said that neither has anything to do with my egg quality and both are flukes. She said that my blighted ovum was the result of the "sperm knocking the chromosomes out of the egg when it hit" or "two sperm hitting the egg at once" and that my miscarriage at 5 weeks was due to not implanting and the embryo just "tried to grab onto something on it's way out, possibly tried to implant on the cervix or a polyp". I thought that hcg isn't produced until implantation but she insists that my type of loss ends due to failure to implant and has nothing to do with my eggs. And she ordered an SIS ultrasound to look for polyps. Thoughts? Everything I read says that early miscarriages and blighted ovums alike are usually due to chromosomal abnormalities, and what she's saying doesn't match anything I have ever read. So what do I believe? I was hoping she would give me ideas on improving egg quality and now she's saying both are flukes...

I can't help you with most of your questions but I can tell you one thing my OB said about my three miscarriages. They have also been at different stages, 5 weeks, 8 weeks and 9+3. She said that because they were at different stages they probably weren't caused by a specific problem eg clotting dusorder and that that was a positive.
I hope this helps.

I've had two miscarriages in a row and my doc isn't worried either .
My first one in May was at 5 weeks she said this one is a chemical pregnancy and this one was a MMC , baby's heart stopped at 8 weeks 4 days .
She talked about both being due to chromosonal problems but she said she isn't worried about a successful pregnancy happening for us.
At my follow up I plan to ask for some testing like blood work maybe ? I'm not exactly sure but this will be our last try when we decide to try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->