Very very early scan....what to expect??

mitchnorm

Reaction score
I have had 4 previous miscarriages as such I am on a treatment plan with consultant when I get a bfp. So on Wednesday I will be 4 weeks 3 days and she wants me to go in for a scan to check everything in right place I think...before starting on fragmin injections. I guess she's checking not ectopic?

Will I see anything? Don't want to get panicked if I don't

Thanks xxx

I will be 4 weeks and 3 days on Wednesday and I too am having a scan!
When i just spoke to them they said they are going to check everything is in the right place and look for a sac.
If they see a sac only i will have to have another scan in a weeks time and they check for a sac and a yolk.
Good luck and let me know how you get on!

I had a scan at just over 5 weeks and could only see the sac with nothing else, I went back 2 days later and there was a fetal pole so good progression!

You probably won't see much but the doctor will see like you say that it's in the right place!

Good luck x

Thanks ladies.....I am guessing they know what they are doing...they know exactly how far I am and previously consultant said scan and fragmin from 6 weeks but I have been seeing a private fertility consultant who said he'd start me immediately (he does with his patients) so I asked nhs one and she's booked me in. Positive move I guess and cheaper ha ha

Haha yes! I have had 2 previous early scans and they reassured me at the time but if you have suffered losses before then it doesn't last long. I got a lovely lady who scanned me who booked me in for 10 weeks for another reassurance, then my 12 week scan and another before my 20 week! I just can't wait to see a healthy baby at the 20 weeks!

You'll probably only be able to see the sac at that point, but they'll measure that and see that it's implanted in the perfect spot. :)

Thanks xdxxtx....that's definately what they are looking for. Be nice to see something more definitive but I guess it's the price I pay to get the fragmin earlier.

I will be getting another scan around 7-8 weeks as really want reassurance before Xmas....though that being said two of my previous loses I had perfect early scans then no hb at 9 weeks...heartbreaking x x

I had a scan at 4+2 all we saw was an empty sac, no yolk sac or fetal pole, I went back just over a week later at 5+4 and saw a beautiful little heart beat flickering away, that flicker is now 20 months old <3

I'm so sorry about your previous scans and losing them. That's one of my big fears that I have a scan at 9w then nothing until 16, unless I do a panorama at 10w. But a lot can happen between 9w and 16w =\

FXed for wonderful scans! Keep us updated

I am only 4 weeks and 3 days and sonographer saw nothing...apart from a much thick womb lining which is associated with pregnancy....couldn't locate a sac...though tbh it would the size of a poppy seed. Trying not to be too concerned at this stage. Just waiting to see consultant xxx

I wouldn't worry just yet... You are so early and it might still just be too small to see. A lot of women go at just over 5 weeks and all that can be seen is the sac, if they had gone any earlier nothing would have been visible. A thick lining is a positive sign.

I'm honestly shocked they scanned you at 4w3d. That is waaaay too early for a scan. I've never had a doctor agree to scan me before 5w, and even then it was to date me as either 9w or 5w. Chin up.

Will they rescan in a week?

I was really surprised they did tbh ... the sonographer was shocked when I said my dates but requested by consultant weirdly. Seems they wanted to check it wasn't ectopic... :-/ anyhow they checked hcg and prg levels...got to call tomorrow for results (missed my window of opportunity today). Rescaning in aa week so I will be 5 weeks 3 days. Still too early I think

5w3d is a toss up. I've seen yolk or yolk and pole at 5w3d. Fxed for nice levels tomorrow and a good scan nice week!

Agree 5w3 days is more likely to see at least a sac. With DD I was around 5w4d and saw a sac and yolk and pole. Went back 2 weeks later and saw Baby and heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->