Very Very late very traumatic Birth story

dragonfly26

Reaction score
Wow, I sure waitied a long to start this, but I realized how much I enjoy reading others so here goes, six months late!!!
Birth Story: VERY TRAUMATIC!!!! Hate even having to think about as It seems when I do I get anxiety attacks:wacko: I ended up having to be induced as I was a week overdue with no sign of labor in sight. So excited to go to the hospital as getting to meet my little girl was so close. I got there the night before and the induced labor first thing monday March 28th. With my husband and mom by my side I impatiently awaited for the first signs of labor to come on. and waited and waited. after about an hour of nothing they came in and uped the dose of pitosin. and once a gain I waited and waited and waited. NOTHING!!! So they come in again say that its showing I'm having contractions, am I sure I don't feel anything? Duh, I think I would know if I did!!! so they again uped the dose of pitosin andI waited and waited and waited. At around 11 the doctor came in I was only dialated to 2 they couldnt up the dose anymore as I was almost at maximum capasity. So she decideds she is going to break my water and see if this helps. UGH!!! Never again!! Not really even sure why I let her do it. Clinging on hope that I wouldn't have to have a c, I don't know. But of course this didn't help. so later in the afternoon they come in and check me
I'm only at 4 don't feel anything, even though they said I should be in excruciating pain at this point due to the contractions the internal monitor was registering, but nope, nothing!!! At this point it is late in the evening, no food for me equals very unhappy pregnant lady!!! I was so hungry!! They decide if nothing happens a c is iminent, ugh, i did not want this!! The bring in the epidural lady hope maybe this will help me dialate. Didn't want an epidural, but they said if I don't dialate I'll need one anyway as I'm going to have to have a c. I give in, they have my mom wait in the hall, my husband by my side for support. the anasthesiologis is a BITCH!!! very very rude making very snide remarks! Up until this point I can handle everything, but the bitch ruined everything I was now very upset and crying and here she is being bitchy as ever, wtf!! Epidural helps nothing my bp drops to 60/50. There remark, oh that must be normal for you, What! Thats not normal for anyone!! They decide I must have a c now the stupid bitch rolls her eyes and makes crappy remarks. They bring me in suite up my hubby and they begin to cut. What I can feel that please stop, I feel it. Yep I could feel them cutting into me. It hurt so bad!!! At this point I start having a panic attack and fading in and out. according to my hubby my face turns white I'm really sweaty and trying to crawl up the drape that they block your face with. WHAT!!! They hold be down and all i remember is hearing a cry and then black!! They ended up having to knock me out!! WTF! According to my hubby I was convulsing and he had no idea what was going on. He said I was surrounded by doctors and not one came up and let him know what was going on. When he asked they said she'll be fine. Meanwhile, he was with our very beautiful perfect baby girl. Jillyan Joy born 3/29 wieghing 7lbs 10oz and 19.5 inches. At this point he goes out freaking out to my and his moms hes crying they won't tell my mom anything, they say she can't see me, even though they originally said they would. I end up having a hemmorage, they need to give me blood trasfusions. But in the end it was all worth it to have my sweet girls!! Wow if you read all that applause to you. I am going to have to stop here for now will continue with more in my soon to come parenting journal.

Oh you poor thing ! I hope if/when there is a next time, that your labour is more relaxed !

I hope next time goes more smoothly hun :hugs: Congrats on your baby girl though! :cloud9:

What the FECK!!
What an experience.
I'm glad the baby and you are fine.
How long did it take you to recover?
I would have had the patient advocacy there in a second and gotten all their names for future compliants/lawsuit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->