Vigorous exercise may increase infertility

l8bloomer

Reaction score
I hope this isn't true. I've exercised 5 days a week for the last 10 years. Does this mean it's my fault that we haven't gotten pregnant.:nope:

https://www.boston.com/Boston/daily...ch-too-much/rkict8o7gJzCRd5vxJTD2L/index.html

Bloomer - Gosh we love to blame ourselves don't we?? I read the article and my take is that fertility is enhanced when women are at a healthy weight. So, women with BMIs over 25 saw an increase in fertility with increased exercise and those women who had BMIs < 25 should go ahead and exercise in moderation. If you have been intensly exercising 5 days a week..maybe make a few days where you simply walk for a few miles. My 2 cents...for what it's worth.

Bloomer - Gosh we love to blame ourselves don't we?? I read the article and my take is that fertility is enhanced when women are at a healthy weight. So, women with BMIs over 25 saw an increase in fertility with increased exercise and those women who had BMIs < 25 should go ahead and exercise in moderation. If you have been intensly exercising 5 days a week..maybe make a few days where you simply walk for a few miles. My 2 cents...for what it's worth.

I would agree with you Faithmum. I have talked with many professionals about this and they have all said that you can continue with what you were doing before ttc as long as your not training for a marathon or something crazy like that. I have stopped training for marathons and Ironman triathlons because I do believe this would be detrimental. So saying that working out moderately and not too intensely for up to 1 hours day wouldn't decrease your chances at all. I am being treated by a TCM doctor for a cold uterus and she told me not to swim in cold pools and not to sweat too much. I hope that helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->