Vile taste in mouth

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by RHR, Dec 17, 2009.

1. RHR

RHR Mummy 2 Isabelle & Sophie

Does anyone else have a vile taste in their mouths. It's not a metallic taste, it's just a really nasty taste which I can't describe. :(

It's still there after I've cleaned my teeth. I'm drinking lots of water to keep hydrated but it won't go.

Is anyone else dealing with this too?

2. purple01

purple01 Mummy to Ben + Bump

Yup I had this....always came back a few mins after eating or brushing teeth, was horrible.

The last couple of weeks it's got better and I don't get it as much anymore, hopefully you won't have it for too much longer! x

3. Torz

Torz Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant

Yes i have this too, its not metalic, the only way i can describe it is that horrible taste you get when you are ill.

The MW siad its due to hormones & when they start to setle down the taste will go.

4. Bec L

Bec L Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy

Yes, and am so paranoid that my breath smells rank! Keep trying to remember to eat mints or chew gum but sometimes mints make my MS worse so I can't win!

5. LillyFleur

LillyFleur Well-Known Member

6. RHR

RHR Mummy 2 Isabelle & Sophie

Hi Lillyfleur, no unfortunately it doesn't taste like hairspray. It's just a really horrible taste that actually make me feel sick sometimes.

Thanks everyone else for replying it's such a relief to know it's not just me and that it should go away soon. (fingers crossed)

7. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

i have had a nsty taste its like hangover taste you no the morning after a good drink blleeeerrr its minging i no that lol xxx

8. Pretty Pistol

Pretty Pistol Well-Known Member

it reminds me of the taste you get in your mouth after youve been using dayquil

9. bubz00

bubz00 Member

yes i have this metalic taste also, i have 2 children i had it when i was pregnant with them but now i have done many hpts and all are negative a have every other pregnancy symptom in the book and last 2 periods were weird not right. anyone had periods while pregnant and tests not show positive?