Violently ill after drinks?

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
I had 5 or 6 beers on New Year's Eve. It had been a while since I drank. When we were done we went to bed, still tipsy. I woke up 2 hours later. I felt sick to my stomach so I went to the washroom. I thought I just had diarrhea(tmi!). But as I was sitting there I started to feel shaky and sweaty. I thought I was going to faint so I went to wake OH and told him to come to the washroom wih me. I just sat there and held him and kept saying "I'm so sick". He said my face was white as a sheet and had no color in my lips. He made me go lay down and said he was going to get me a drink. As I was walking to the bed my vision started turning white. It was so scary.

Does anyone know what this could've been? Beer has never done this to me in the past. Could it have been because I was on my period? Does it sound like dehydration? Toxic shock syndrome maybe?

If you don't drink that often and depending on the alcohol by volume you could have experienced alcohol poisoning. If your feeling better now I just would keep drinking nights to a 3 max because your body didn't handle it well. I'm sorry that happened :hugs:

Oh geeze, sounds horrible - poor thing! Can't say I have heard of anything like that.

I have never had alcohol poisoning myself, but your symptoms sound likely :

Alcohol poisoning signs and symptoms include:

Confusion
Vomiting
Seizures
Slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute)
Irregular breathing (a gap of more than 10 seconds between breaths)
Blue-tinged skin or pale skin
Low body temperature (hypothermia)
Passing out (unconsciousness) and can't be awakened

It's not necessary to have all these signs and symptoms before you seek help. A person who is unconscious or can't be awakened is at risk of dying.

Link - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alcohol-poisoning/basics/symptoms/CON-20029020

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->