Vitamin B12 injection

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
I'm having my first one today, what should I expect?? Where do they inject me?? I really hope its not my bum!

How do you feel afterwards?

I got my B12 injection today im on them 3 monthly and have been for the last 2 years. They usually give me mines in my upper arm, the injection goes into a muscle and can be a wee bit stingy but nothing major, u will be fine :hugs: Try and relax as if u tense the muscle it will be worse, its over and done with in seconds. I usually feel a bit more alive after a jag but dont know if that just in my head lol x

hi ive recently just found out my iron levels are low dont know why as my iron was fine thrpugh pregnancy but i havent had my iron checked since having LO.

anyway the b12 injections u have are they because of precinous anemia (sorry spelling) as my nan and all her sisters have this as it runs in the family im thinking maybe its the start of me having it? my nan lost the use of her legs through precinious anemia and havent walked for 20 years as they couldnt diagnose her they kept putting it down to "normal" anemia they only found out once it was too late! by bone marrow. what symtoms did u get with yours? and can they tell b12 deficincy through blood counts and normal ferritin tests?

thanks ladys sorry if im a bit of topic?

Xx

Had it done, and oh my did it sting!! Then went all dizzy and groggy had to sit down for 25 minutes! Really didn't like it.

I have to have it because I'm having trouble with my muscles.

hi ive recently just found out my iron levels are low dont know why as my iron was fine thrpugh pregnancy but i havent had my iron checked since having LO.

anyway the b12 injections u have are they because of precinous anemia (sorry spelling) as my nan and all her sisters have this as it runs in the family im thinking maybe its the start of me having it? my nan lost the use of her legs through precinious anemia and havent walked for 20 years as they couldnt diagnose her they kept putting it down to "normal" anemia they only found out once it was too late! by bone marrow. what symtoms did u get with yours? and can they tell b12 deficincy through blood counts and normal ferritin tests?

Xx

My symptoms were extreme fatigue, weakness, low mood and tingling in fingers and legs. They can take bloods to test what your B12 levels are, if they are low then they tend to start u on tablets first to see if this brings your levels up. If it doesnt then its likely to be pernicious anaemia as u are unable to absorb b12 orally. B12 and ferratin are two different tests. My folic was also low initially and I had to start folic acid tablets. HTH x

Xx

My symptoms were extreme fatigue, weakness, low mood and tingling in fingers and legs. They can take bloods to test what your B12 levels are, if they are low then they tend to start u on tablets first to see if this brings your levels up. If it doesnt then its likely to be pernicious anaemia as u are unable to absorb b12 orally. B12 and ferratin are two different tests. My folic was also low initially and I had to start folic acid tablets. HTH x

hi thanks for your reply :) does b12 help with absorbing iron? Xx

Xx

hi thanks for your reply :) does b12 help with absorbing iron? Xx

I would imagine if you're B12 levels are low then ure iron levels could be affected as B12 is responsible for the production of red bloods cells. There is alot of information online if you google it :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->