• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

scotchbonnet

Reaction score
I have done tons of reading on this product and it's effect on lengthening the luteal phase and also increasing progesterone levels.

I suffer from high prolactin levels and as a consequence I have low progesterone levels. Progesterone is VERY important to make a fertilised egg implant otherwise, even though you may have conceived, the egg breaks down and you will experience a period.

From what I have read - Vitamin B6 must be taken with care. A dose higher than 200mg per day can cause nerve ending damage and you must ensure that you are getting enough of the other B vitamins.

I am presently on a Prenatal and I have decided to supplement with Vitamin B6 and with Agnus Castus capsules.

Dosage:
It is suggested not to take more than 100mg unless it is given by a doctor. So I have decided to take 100mg per day - this is jumping in on the deep end really - LOL. If I experience any side effects - I will lower it to 75mg.

If I do not get pregant soon, I will share my experience of taking this vitamin as I go along.

I am three months off the pill and my cycle is at 32 days at present, it does not seem I have a luteal phase. I have "JUST" a 12 day luteal phase at present. But - I want to increase my progesterone level so if I lengthen my LP by 2 days in the process I'd be happy! :)

I took 65mg of B6 for a few days. I also have a 12 day LP. It gave me hot flashes in the morning. I read that you should take B6 with equal amounts of B12. A B complex vitamins usually has that. I will go in for a progesterone test in a few days and it will probably show that I didn't ovulate. I will probably go see the doctor after that.

Hi guys!

Last month was my first month of charting luteal phases. My period actually came two days earlier than I expected and I ovulated two days earlier than expected. I charted, like you two, a twelve day luteal phase (slightly shorter than average). Apparantely 10 days or below needs to be checked out.

Now, I don't know if 12 days is usual for me, as last month's period came earlier than usual, but I thought I would start taking B6 just in case. I started two days after ovulation (which I read was recommended) - 10mg is in my Pregnacare tablets and I have topped this up with 50mg B6 tablets from Holland and Barrett (they were quite cheap, only about £2.50).

I ovulated on day 14 this month (last month was day 16) so, we'll see. I don't know what is up with my cycle the last two months!!!

Oh, do you think that taking vitamin B6 in my Pregnacare supplements (last month was the first month of taking them) has changed my cycle any - 'regularised it' :rofl:as SB would say?

LOL - well poppy - many women have reported that B6 has indeed "regularised" their cycle!! LOLLOL - :rofl:

So - could have done indeed!!!

This is my first month taking it....so...watch this space :)

I would also be interested to know if the Vitamin b has had any affect as i also have high prolactin. when i was in my early 20's i actually used to lactate but then it sort of cleared itself up. a recent blood test showed that my prolactin was at 26 (apparently this at the top end of 'acceptable' level). i do think i have
conceived a couple of times (had morning sickness etc) but then still get AF (grrr) maybe i can't make enough progesterone.

good luck with the vitamin b and i think the complex (pill with all the b's) is the way to go :hi:

This is my third month ttc and I only realized how important the Luteal phase length is last month. I can't say anything about the first month's Luteal Phase length as I was officially pregnant for a whole 3 days that, I knew about anyway, (oh what a feeling!), but last month my Luteal Phase length appeared to be only 11 days. I wonder if my chemical pregnancy messed up that one though as it was only 24 days long and I'm normally 25/26 I think.

I've started on 50mg of B6 everyday in addition to my Pronatal 2.5mg B6. I hope that if AF does have to come this month that she at least doesn't show her ugly face too early!!!

I'll let you know if the B6 seems to make any difference.

Hi

My LP is only 6-9 days so a definate problem. I have toyed with Agnus Castus but decided not to as am likely to be prescribed clomid next week and the 2 dont go together. However I am taking 50mg of B6. I've been taking the 10 thats included in ASDA pregnancy vits for ages but have now added another 40 so here's hoping.

Been doing 50 for about 10 days now and this month my LP did manage the whole 9 days so thats somewhat better already! (Could be a coincidence I suppose).

So interested to read anything anyone knows or has experienced.

That's great result Florence - keep us informed if you see any further help!

AF showed but on CD26 and if I ovulated on CD13 like I suspect then I had 12day Luteal Phase, so one day longer than last month - it could be the B6 or it might not be! I've decided that there is no harm in continuing it though!

I took this last month but my cycle went from 32 days to 39 days - could this have been the reason??? I'm a bit reluctant to carry on taking it don't really want my cycle being that long, Didn't experience any side effects though

When should you take it? after O or all the time?

I've just bought some and started taking it today CD3 (only just got it). Does anyone know if this is right? Don't you have to take vits for a while to see the effects anyway? So taking it for only part of the month wouldn't really work would it?

Hi,
I've just started taking B compound because I heard you shoud take B6 with an equal ammount of B12. I'm taking 100mg (one pill), and have my fingers crossed. So far all that is happening is that my pee is neon yellow (totally freaked me out first time I saw it, apparently it's normal), my pms symptoms have quadrupled in severity (even my cats are hidding from me), and I'm menstruating like it's going out of style.
Has anyone else had these side effects? Second, if I do become preggers do I continue taking B6? Anyone know?

You can continue, there is no harm. All the B-Vitamins are water soluble, so they come out in your pee. The neon yellow is common. If you are worried, just cut back your dosage. I cut back on mine and my pee is less neon now.

Thanks Vestirse. I was told to take 100 - 200mg because my LP is only 3 days (!), I really hope it helps.

Three days?! Yes, I would take the higher amount. I usually have 28 day cycles, but only an 11 day LP. I am now on 14DPO!!! Not sure if it's the B-Complex I'm taking or pregnancy. I'm hoping pregnancy of course. BTW, I'm on 50mg of all the B vitamins, so you can see a change even as little as that I think.

I started taking vit b complex this cycle, as i was having long irregular cycles.

I am CD26 and ovulated yesterday, this is great in comparison to ovulating on day 56 last cycle. so for me it had so far regulated my periods which is great.

no side affects though. will keep you posted on lp.

Wow, 56+ day cycle? Mine's 28-30 days but being on the pill really screwed up my whole cycle. It's taken me 10 months and I'm still not back to my pre-pill cycle. I'm just glad that I'm ovulating at all, my girlfriend just found out she doesn't :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->