Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I started at 100 mgs of B complex and it completely messed up my cycle. However, when I went down to 50 mgs this month my lp went from 3 days to 5 (and counting). I strongly recommend testing different dosages if one isn't working for you. Larger dosages aren't necessarily better or more productive.

I've been taking B-Complex this cycle (complete with neon wee - I almost had a heart attack when I first noticed it!). I took it until about CD19. I don't know whether it's made any difference yet as I can't pinpoint when I ovulated so I don't know what my lutel phase will have been this cycle.

It was 9 days last time which is why I'm trying the B-Complex, BUT the cycle was only 23 days last time and I'm on CD25 today so it might be helping! I will certainly be using it next time as well.

It's good to take a complex because it gives you B12, which helps avoid miscarriage. I'm up to 8 days lp this cycle, from 3 days. Definitely excited about that!

Hi girls

Have been taking bvit complex but it doesn't seem to have anywhere near the quantities you've been talking about. Which brands do you take?

Also do you know if it lengthens luteal phase by moving ov to earlier date or by making cycle longer after ov???

Mrs G, I'm taking Jamison 100 B complex, but only half a pill (50mgs) at a time. Any brand is fine as long as the dosage is more significant than in your prenatal pills (50mg +). My cousin found that taking 200mgs per day works for her, but experiment with dosage to determine the right one for you.

My lp lengthened after ov, but my cousin's lengthened before ov AND after. Hope that helps.

My ov date seems to have moved up and my LP has lengthened.

Just thought I'd drop by to update. I posted in here a few weeks back about vit b. I started taking the complex on CD1 last cycle and my cycle length this time increased by 2 days (lp) from 9 to 11. So that's a good start :)

This is an excellent thread. I'm also trying B vits - I temped last cycle (for the 1st time) and discovered my luteal phase was only 11 days. Taking B complex this cycle, admittedly not from the beginning of my cycle but hey..... OVed one day earlier which is a good start. Also taking agnus castus. Will report back any further news.

Good luck everyone!

I didn't ovulate the first cycle with Vit B Complex, my next cycle reduced from 47 days to 29 but my lp was only 8 days on that cycle(10 days max as not temping at the mo)

Going on my previous 65+ day cycles this is a huge improvement!

I am now CD10 of cycle 3 on Vit B complex i'm hoping for a short ovulatory cycle with a longer lp this time. F X

Another question about dosage...sorry!

Mine list the quantities of each separate b vit, so should each one be 50mg or in total??

Thanks

Each one is 50mg in mine, except folic acid which is at 400mg.

My vit b complex is basically 100rda (so crap??!)
I'm confused by mg and ~g (haven't got the sign for it!!)

In my bvits I have - b1 1.4mg; b2 1.6mg; b3 18mg; b6 2mg; folic 200~g; b12 1~g;
In my prenatal I have - b1 1.6mg; b2b 1.8mg; b6 2.6mg; folic 700~g amongst other ones too

Am thinking these aren't really helping???!

Not really. I'd look for the B-Complex called B-50. I don't know if what they would call it in the UK, but if you go to the chemist's, they might know what you are looking for. Ask for a vitamin with 50mg of all B vitamins except folic acid - 400mcg of that

Ahhh, mcg, not ~g!!! Thanks, will go searching.
Good to see you back, by the way.

:hugs:

Thanks hun, realize I wrote it incorrectly in my post above! Sorry about that!

50 mg of everything but folic acid - 400mcg of that --> this is correct

I knew you wouldn't get it wrong! Thanks for the advice. :hugs:

Great thread!

I have just bought B6 50mg (2,500% RDA) and
B12 25mcg (2,500% RDA) from Holland & Barratt.

Pregnacare contains B6 10mg 500% RDA and
B12 6mcg 600% RDA

Do you think that is okay? I have been taking Pregnacare Plus for a few months now. I am now CD8. Not sure when to start taking B6 and B12 - now or after OV (no clue when, lol!)

Also - How long can we carry on taking B6 and B12 after conception?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"