Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I'm sorry knitpicker's friend! Try Vit B Complex - couldn't hurt right?

I don't think i ovulated until my previous cycle as i never got pos opk unitl day 56.

i've been off pill since march an my longest cycle was 81 days - with no ovulation. but i was on the pill for 13years was made to go on it as a teenager as my cycles were scatty (6week bleed nearly made me ill) i was soo scare to come off them in case it went back that way - now i will honestly tell you i will never ever go back on a pill (hubby ok with condoms)

Howdy!

I am noticing as I chart for the second month, that my temps are close to my baseline - and on two occasions, at the baseline. Considering that I am 6DPO, this is a concern! I've read that this could indicate low progesterone so I am reading about that. Would it be at all beneficial for me to start taking B6/Bcompound now?

Thanks!

A

I've read that too. I think this late in the game, natural progesterone cream might be your best bet. Vit B6 is supposed promote the health of the follicle as it matures. Because it makes the follicle healthier, the corpus luteum (what is left behind when the follicle pops off) is also thus healthier and produces progesterone for a longer period of time (if your LP was short and the corpus luteum was causing it to be so short).

Since your egg has already popped off. I don't see how B6.B-Complex will help at this point in time, Natural progesterone cream however might if progesterone is what you lack.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks!!!!

Anyone have any recommendations for a progesterone cream? I guess I better get on this, cuz if the eggy is fertilized, it should be trying to implant soon!!!

:)
A

You'll probably be able to find one at a natural foods store. I've hear ones with wild yam as an ingredient are better because it might be synthetic apparently if wild yam was not used. good luck!!

I found some wild yam stuff, but then I heard that it contains estrogen as well, and was intended for menopausal women. Will it still work, or will the estrogen negate the effects of the progesterone??

I'm so sorry, but I remembered it wrong. You should actually AVOID the ones with Wild Yam. I'm so sorry, I just went back and had a look around. I researched progesterone five months ago when I was getting serious, along with some other stuff. I remember it talking about Wild Yam and somehow remembered it as being better, but it's the other way around!!

SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!

EDIT: You know what, I'm confused now. A bunch of people say Wild Yam Root as an ingredient doesn't do crap and to avoid buying it because it's a waste of money. Yet the most recommended progesterone cream I can find on the ttc boards contains ... you guessed it... WILD YAM.

It's this one btw: https://www.happypmscream.com/progesterone-cream-ingredients.htm

Beyond Fertility sells it too: https://www.beyondfertility.com/catalog.php?item=5

I also saw this recommended a few times on some PCOS boards: https://www.energeticnutrition.com/vitalzym/progcream.html

I got a kick out of the warning on the bottom of the page though:
Warning: Do not use if you are pregnant, lactating, or intend to become pregnant. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Use intended for adults 18 years of age and older. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not exceed 2 oz. of the cream, or 0.5 oz. of the Mist, topically per month. Consult with a licensed health care practioner if you experience irritation, redness, or discomfort, any changes in breasts or menstrual irregularities, or before using this product if you have concerns about your health or if you have a medical condition.

In short - I am starting to have doubts about this stuff. Would you consider jsut waiting until the next cycle to start a B-Complex? Because the contradictory stuff I'm reading is scaring the crap out of me.

Oh yea - John Lee. This guy's name came up a lot and here are some creams this "doctor" recommends:
https://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_progesterone.html

The one I found recommended on the PCOS boards is there. The "happy pms" cream containing wild yam is not.

If you truly want to try NPC (natural progesterone cream), maybe the list he gives will give you a good start.

Umm, looking at your chart, I DO NOT think it is indicative of low progesterone!!!! My advice is not to try natural progesterone cream - you don't need it. I agree that your coverline is too high and it is probably the culprit in making it looked skewed to you. Coverline though is not scientific. It is just a tool used to help those who chart see a clear biphasic pattern.

You should put your chart in your sig!!

xposted on your thread about your FF chart.

Must report that this stuff worked for me. LP went from 11/12 days with spotting to 15 days with no spotting.

Congrats Vestirse! Thanks for sharing; it gives me hope! I'm on day 16 of my cycle so I'm still waiting to see what happens (fingers crossed).

Vestirse - congrats on your longer LP! That's great news. Gives me hope as well!

Hi there

I am new to this site and wanted to feedback my experience of short luteal phase. I had a luteal phase of between 9 and 11 days max. I read on sites like these so much about B6 and began taking 100mg a day mid cycle. I then read 'Nutrition and fertility cycles' where she suggests taking 200mg / day and says this is completely safe. Its a great book. I upped the B6 to 200mg and that cycle got pregnant. Sadly I miscarried, but the next time I got my period my luteal phase had been 14 DAYS!!!! VIT B6 WORKS!!!
The following cycle I am now pregnant again.
I really believe in the B6 - give it a go / read the book (I must check the author, but google / amazon it and you'll find it anyway!)
Wish me luck, this is my 3rd pregnancy now... (after 2 MC)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you L32. Unfortunately I'm not so lucky. I started taking 100 mg of B complex and went from a 7 day to a 13 day period. Plus I somehow managed to ovulate during my period! I've cut down for this month to 50 mg. We'll see. I'm still experimenting with the dosage.

Hi girls. Been reading your experiences on trying to deal with a short lp as I'm pretty sure I have one of those. Since I've been off the pill it has been getting shorter each month, culminating in a 9 day lp this cycle. I remember reading somewhere about Vit B helping some and it appears to be true. This is my first cycle ttc and I was disappointed that my af came so early.

My question is should you take a Vit B complex rather than just Vit B6, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

Vit B complex definitely. Taking one b vitamin (like Vit B6) alone can cause a deficiency in the others and a deficiency in Vit B12 has been linked with miscarriage. Also taking all the B vitamins can help absorption. You actually waste a lot of vitamin B6 when you take it alone.

Thanks for your response. Sorry, for more questions:

Do you think a 100mg dose to start or less? How long had you been taking it to notice a difference? Do you take it throughout your whole cycle?

1. I am taking 50mg, but only because I didn't want to lengthen it too much - I already had an 11/12 day LP. You'll want to take more if you want to lengthen it more.

2. It took only one cycle.

3. Yes, I take it for the entire cycle. You can stop at O if you are so inclined I think because the work should be done (it does the most in the follicular phase), but it doesn't harm anything if you keep taking it.

I started taking 100mg of B6 and my LP went from 9 days to 12 days in just 2 cycles. I am currently taking a BComplex as well - it only has an additional 5mg of B6 - but I feel that it is important as started above to balance your B's out. I was really worried about my short LP and now - not so much. Now its just up to me to do the rest of the work. Hoping to increase my LP again this cycle - will let you know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->