Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks for your lovely words, PeachBloom :hugs: Only 6 weeks at the mo, but taking it one day at a time... and have spent the weekend feeling reassuringly sick!

15dpo and no spotting... that sounds very positive. What was your LP last cycle? Perhaps you'll end up being only 2 weeks behind me?!

I broke down and tested. :bfp:!! We've been trying for almost 2 years now and the only thing we did differently was schedule BD (have done that the past 3 months) and this cycle I took B50 complex for the first half of my cycle.

I think the B50 was my missing link!

Bubbles, re: scheduling BD, I started putting "appointments" on DH's calendar. He gets reminders and everything. It sounds so unromantic, but I'd set the events when AF arrived, so I felt like I was doing something to improve chances that cycle. A couple times I forgot I had made the appointment by the time it came around, and I got some very welcome surprises from DH! I totally understand what you mean about feeling obligated, though - by the time O came around DH was like "go preheat." :haha:

Attachments

• 2012-07-29.jpg
    2012-07-29.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
omg, peachblossom! nicely done! you've given me hope again! congrats!

Peach - I am soo happy for u!! Congratulations :)

I so hope the vit b works for me - I'm taking 100mg and was planning to take it whole cycle - I don't know some ppl stopped at O. As for BD I do pre-warn him n for the first 2 days it's fine but by cd14&15 he hates that we're almost forced into it n I feel like there the most important days. Oh well once I get my bfp we can BD wheneva we want lol

I can't believe I spent so many years on the BCP trying to avoid getting pregnant! The way I'm feeling right now I don't think I'll ever use contraceptive again - I might jus avoid BD around O time lol x

I broke down and tested. :bfp:!! We've been trying for almost 2 years now and the only thing we did differently was schedule BD (have done that the past 3 months) and this cycle I took B50 complex for the first half of my cycle.

I think the B50 was my missing link!

Bubbles, re: scheduling BD, I started putting "appointments" on DH's calendar. He gets reminders and everything. It sounds so unromantic, but I'd set the events when AF arrived, so I felt like I was doing something to improve chances that cycle. A couple times I forgot I had made the appointment by the time it came around, and I got some very welcome surprises from DH! I totally understand what you mean about feeling obligated, though - by the time O came around DH was like "go preheat." :haha:

Many congrats, today I'm full of optimism because of all the good news!:thumbup::happydance:

Congratulations! I thought you might be getting good news today. :) We startex trying around the same time in 2010. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Another April baby!

254! congrats!!!!:happydance:that is so exciting to hear!

how is everyone doing?

peach! congrats!!!!! how exciting!!!!

hi ladies hope you had a good weekend! saturday we played in a 4 on 4 sand volleyball tournament played outside for 4 hours. i am sore and then also started getting a sore throat on sat evening and still have it as of today. have slight cramps off and on. also lots of creamy cm and very hot. i am really trying not to get my hopes up! it usually ends in a disappointment.

so yesterday we went to BIL for bbq and got to feed their 1 month old he is so little and didn't make a peep. But found out that the poor little guys has an enlarged kidney and they have to take him in on the 8th of aug to see if it is better if not they have to go to MN to get it fixed. I feel so bad for them.

Hi everyone :)

I thought I'd post an update.

I went to see my GP today to ask her to check my progesterone levels and she agreed! She's going to do cd21 bloods and cd5 bloods and is checking hormone levels and wants to rule out a fibroid problem. She was really great - she said she cant refer me until ive been ttc for 12 months after m/c (I'm on cycle 9) but shes happy to try and rule things out for me! I'm soo happy that I've got an understanding GP who actually wants to help and not just fob me off :) Hopefully the results will be ok but either way im just happy to be doing something rather than nothing.

I was wondering whether to stop taking the vit B complex?? I told the GP that im taking them and she isnt concerned as they can only improve my results but im thinking it might be better to have results that are not effected by anything else....on the other hand I dont want to stop taking them as they might help me get a bfp this month! I'm on cd11 today so would they be out of my system by cd21 anyway?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the long post and lots of question xxx

Hi everyone :)

I thought I'd post an update.

I went to see my GP today to ask her to check my progesterone levels and she agreed!

I was wondering whether to stop taking the vit B complex??

Sorry for the long post and lots of question xxx

hi bubbles! so glad to hear positive GP. in my opinion, for what it's worth: i dont think you need to stop taking Vit B, although many women only take it until O anyways, so either way is fine. i dont know if there is a benefit to either..... also, just a note, you want to get blood on 7dpo, not necessarily 21cd - just to make that distinction. and dont worry about questions; we're all here looking for advice and support!
can someone else please confirm/deny what i wrote? thanks!

HWPG - thanks for the reply :)
I thought it was 7dpo but she said cd21 n the other bloods could be between cd2-5 so we went with cd5. Its prob not gona make much diff to me as I have a 28/29 day cycle and I normally O on cd14/15 (hopefully I won't O late this month!)
Why do ppl stop taking vit B at O?? Does anyone know? x

Thats great news Bubbles, hopefully the tests will either give you answers to work with or alleviate some fears. I've had the CD5 tests and they were fine so that was a weight off my mind but I might ask for 7DPO test if nothing comes of this cycle

I hadn't heard of having cd5 tests...it was the GP that said she was going to go them. She seemed to think that there was no point only doin the cd21 bloods. Im just glad that something is being done :) It's good that your cd5 tests were ok! U may as well get the 7dpo tests done n then that's another thing u can tick off the list - that's the way I'm trying to look at it x

I'm abit confused tho - some ppl say the progesterone test is done 7dpo, my GP wants to do cd21 and I was just looking online at an NHS website (I'm in the UK) and that says 7 days before af due so if your luteal phase is not 14 days then it wouldn't be 7dpo arrgggghh I wish there was just one place with the correct info! x

Really confusing, I have no good advice on the blood tests... I think there is no difference whether you take vit b or not in the blood tests.
My luteal is around 12-13 days now. It used to be so much worse... Back in 2010 it was only 5 :( The thing that I changed was my diet, I'm eating meat and some dairy, not everyday but certainly 1-2 times a week.

Hi Bubbles, glad to hear you're getting your bloods! The way vit B6 helps is before O. It's a water-soluble vitamin, and any excess your body doesn't use leaves the body through your urine. So you have to get B6 everyday, and from what I understand once it's gone, it's out of your body. B12 on the other hand is also water-soluble but excess is stored in the liver, so it sticks around longer. (more info on PubMed) Since B6 doesn't directly affect progesterone, it's just helping your body do its thing, I don't think you should worry about stopping it for the test. I hope you see some good numbers. fx.

I stopped taking B at O mostly because it was messing up my temps. I've read here it's good to take a break from them once every 3 months or so?

AFM, I actually switched my multivitamin to one that has less folic acid so with the B complex I wasn't getting too much. So I'm taking half a B50 complex again to make sure I'm getting my 600mcg of folic acid. The cramping has pretty much stopped, I don't really feel any different now o_O. My first Dr appointment isn't until the end of this month - so much waiting!

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone could look at my chart and offer an opinion. I was so happy I had ov confirmed but at 4DPO it dropped and I put this down to a possible fallback, the next day it went just above the cover line but today it has dropped even more than the other day.

If you see older charts, I don't seem to have high temps or large rises.

Thanks xx

The dip in temps could be text book implantation on 6dpo, you had bd all the right days. Tomorow it will go up again, and get ready for the test-athon haha!

I am hoping but also worried that my temps won't go back up or will but only just.

I spoke to my doctor and I'm having the 7DPO test done tomorrow, but when I mention my LP has only been 8 or 10 days, she said it was normal - even the 8 days. She asked where I had heard that it was abnormal so I replied with everywhere! Then she said I shouldn't believe what I read. I haven't read one place where 8 day LP is normal, not even in Zita West books and surely shes's more of an expert than my GP. Saying that, my GP thinks DH less than 3% morph is also normal so I'm not overly shocked by her analysis.

DH has to do his repeat SA today, so hopefully we'll see if the pills I put him on have made a difference.

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->