vitamin d deficiency

Ms Elizabeth

Mom to 2
Reaction score
So dr just called. Said I'm vitamin d deficient and should take a supplement. Recommended 400-500 IU. Anyone have any advice? Brands? I see they come D, D2, D3. Lol

normally with a deficiency the doctor would give you a prescription for the proper amount that you're deficient in. before pregnancy, i was highly deficient in iron and doctors were astounded i was still able to move without fainting. i didnt ever finish my bottle dosage and two months after i stopped taking the medicine, my levels went up naturally due to increased blood flow from a surprise pregnancy! so my deficiency was completely healed due to baby in just a week! but anyway, when you do have a deficiency its specific to your body type and so id call the doctor just to be on the safe side regarding your pregnancy to see whats the safest dosage because some prenatals already have vit d. they know whats best for you and your changing body and all i can do is suggest the best i can

Thanks. I'm going in Monday with my prenatal and my supplements I just picked up. I've been taking my prenatal for at least 2 months before I got pregnant, not sure how long it takes to kick in. I don't want to od...but want to ensure I get enough. My prenatal have 400 IU and Dr recommended a supplement of 400. So....we will see what she says.

Cool that you healed yourself!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"