Vitamin K for baby after birth?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Help :blush: lol

It says by injection or orally?

What did you girls do?

Injection - got it over nice and quickly. You have no idea what's going on anyway and they're crying already (cruel mother, eh?). They get stuck with that many needles over the next few days and months, like shamrock says you forget all about that one!

Injection,was over and done with fast and then back on the boob so he didn't complain long lol.

i just couldnt face rhys being jabbed with a nasty needle after he;d just been born :(

Olivia had the injection, the hospital doesn't offer it orally. She didn't cry though, it was really quick.

i didnt know you had a choice, i thought it was just what the hospital offer and thats it.

either way would be fine with me, the baby needs it and after what he/she has just been through to get here it wouldnt make any difference

x

I was told the injection was more effective etc so went with that, not sure why, i guess with it being orally they spit some out or dont have it all?? dunno!
Anyway didnt even notice they had done it, was all over with in seconds !

not sure if Ella had an injection or orally in the hosp, but when we got home the midwife gave me the second dose that was given at 10 days or something like that and that was given to her orally by me.

Im guessing my hospital only offer it orally as I wasnt given a choice. I've opted for it though.

But as Layla said. Either way wouldnt really matter after what they have just experianced at birth. X

we went for the oral option, where one is given straight after birth and it requires two follow ups.

I read that they were once assuming there is a link between the injection of Vitamin K and leukaemia, but it is not scientifically proven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->