Vitamin K Injection

Bex1p

Mummy of 3 little beauts!
Reaction score
Me and my now ex partner had decided not to give this unless it was a traumatic birth as we weighed up the pros and cons and I was just wondering if anyone has any views on it?

Now we have split I havent got the support and fear is creeping in that I may make the wrong decision.

Are you planning on breast feeding hun??

Breast fed babies are more prone to Vit K deficiancy seemingly - maybe worth thinking about.

Also are you planning not giving vit K at all, or just going with oral supplements instead?

xxx

I was planning on not giving it at all and undertaking a vitamin k enriched diet myself as I am breastfeedling.

I'm also not keen on the immunisations and we werent going to go ahead with them either.

I feel we were born with an immune system for a reason so why go sticking needles in our children full of things that would be classed as toxic waste if spilled!

It's all very daunting.

If you were to go with vit k administration, ask for it to be administered orally. Keep an open mind and ask lots of questions if it is ever recommended to you.

I, personally, wouldn't give vit k unless there was a specific reason to. Like you said, a traumatic birth or other things that increase the risk at the same level as that.

We were considering the oral vitamin k but it is not as effective as the injection so have decided to go with the injection, even though I hate the idea of needles stuck in my baby. For me personally I wouldn't like to take the risk of them not having it.

We had the injection too. As want2beamummy says, just wouldn't want to take the risk. Bex1p: what did you do with your other children? x

We had the injection too. As want2beamummy says, just wouldn't want to take the risk. Bex1p: what did you do with your other children? x

I blindly gave them it safely assuming it was the norm and came at no risk, but over the years ive come to question alot and have discovered alot about many things. So many people just sit back and accept what they are told as gospel, as I once did.

Unless my baby is at risk I think I will decline the injection and consider the oral administration......i'd never forgive myself if something did go wrong but I also dont want to unnecessarily force who knows what into his bloodstream.

Leni will have all immunisations/vaccinations, they are there for a reason.

But so are immune systems :shrug:

An informing article for anyone interested

https://www.unhinderedliving.com/immunizations.html

:flower:

I have thought about immunisations and injections, it feels horrible to let them do it to my tiny baby. And it is foreign to his body etc, studies of autism etc etc.
BUT: In South Africa, Polio has been eradicated for many years. Now, suddenly children in one province started getting it. It just came from out of nowhere, seemingly. Many were affected very badly. Same thing happened with some other preventable disease, can't remember which one, as well. The children got it because they had no immunity - their parents thought it unneccesary since the disease was supposed to have been eradicated.
What happens to a small child when it gets polio/measles etc when it has no immunity, or low immunity? THat is why so many children died in infancy a century ago.
The vitamin K -as I said, I don't like them sticking needles in my baby. But it is for his own best sake.
It is not easy making decisions about our children! But rather we think about it and reason it out than just jumping on the mindless bandwagon and just joining 'everybody else'. I think it will make us better parents.

"But rather we think about it and reason it out than just jumping on the mindless bandwagon and just joining 'everybody else'. I think it will make us better parents."

Definately! There are so many studies out there to read it would be silly of us not to make an informed decision........although I have read a hell of alot and I still won't be 100% satisfied with my decision! I guess it's just one of those things.

It is not easy making decisions about our children! But rather we think about it and reason it out than just jumping on the mindless bandwagon and just joining 'everybody else'. I think it will make us better parents.

I agree :thumbup:

I'm so glad i have done a ton of research both from professionals and on the internet to make an informed decision about immunising/vaccinated my son - we are so pleased with our decision.

Everyone definately needs to educate themselves on the pro's/con's of everything, will definately make us better parents :D

Missy will be having the injection, in fact, it is in our fridge as I type!

We have considered all options for every aspect of this pregnancy, birth and afterwards and this was one area where we could not see any possible reason not to have this as there was not enough evidence against it to make us be prepared to take the risks involved in her not having it.

She will also be having all of her immunisations as we go along too for the same reasons.

xxx

But so are immune systems :shrug:

A babies immune system isn't fully developed until 6 montsh fo age
xx

Precisely....as it develops at it's own natural pace and that's were I think some of the problems come in I.E forcing it to develop quicker against only certain illnesses whilst depressing what has been developed so far.

It's a trade off.

An article explains it alot better than me! haha I'll try find it.

https://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines/immune_suppression.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->