Vitamins

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
What, if any, vitamins are you taking? I'm thinking of just taking standard vitamins plus folic acid instead of pregnacare or something to save some money, does anyone else do this? x

I've been taking prenatal vitamins (rainbow lite: prenatal one and Nordic Naturals: prenatal DHa) for 6 months. The most recent studies show that folic acid is the most important. Taking a folic acid supplement BEFORE conception greatly reduces you risk of having a child with severe autism. I think by 40%!

I've not heard anything about the autism thing, do you have a link? Yea I mean just taking a normal store multivitamin and an extra folic acid vitamin to put the levels up to the same as in a pregnancy vitamin.

The research was just released this week! Brand new info, here's the link:)

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2013/02/study-links-folic-acid-to-lower-autism-risk.html

I think the key is to get a eat a very healthy diet and take at least a folic acid supplement. If you eat a well rounded diet, you probably get enough of the other vitamins. I take a supplement just to be sure I'm covering everything so when I do get pregnant, it's the best environment to grow a healthy child.

thanks for the info!!! Im ging to my pantry right now to take my folic acid I totally forgot about taking it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->