vitamins

weewdy

Reaction score
I am currently 5 weeks pregnant. I am taking folic acid and have been doing so for a few months. Do i need to take anything else? Also when do i stop taking folic acid.

baby takes alot of nutrients from the body. folic acid (folate) and iron are the most important ones because they can drastically change you and how you feel if you're not getting enough. plus, folic acid helps reduce birth defects and problems by 70%. you should have folic acid on a daily basis whether you're pregnant or not but when you are pregnant you need alot more.

to get all my needs on a daily basis, my midwife told me to take two flinstones and if i want, an extra supplement of folic acid and ferrous sulfate(iron tablet). iron makes me feel horrible so i stick with the lower doses in the flinstones. prenatals make me sick but flinstones are my amazing alternative. i also dont take the extra folic acid as im already getting 800 mcg from flinstones and getting some through my food. its good to have around though so i keep 800 tablets of folic acid nearby and i have enough flinstones to last me through the middle of the second trimester. (i love stocking up on all my necessities)

Ive just been to my booking appt and the midwife said the recommend folic acid and vitamin D x

Id recommend pregnacare for pregnancy gives you additional vitamins for babys growing development and theres also pregnacare max which increases brain amd eye development from early weeks.. good luck and congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->