• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamins

SpringCrane

Reaction score
What vitamins do you each think are important after first trimester? I know folate is important in the first 12 weeks, but what about the rest of pregnancy? I took a prenatal multivitamin throughout my son's pregnancy, but I'm not sure how necessary it is for someone that eats a varied and healthful diet. I'm not a huge fan of supplements in general, so I'm questioning the blanket recommendation that pregnant women take a prenatal multivitamin. I've asked my midwife, but she's out of office until later this week.

What do y'all take?

I take a really good whole food based prenatal from a reputable company called rainbow lite...it's been the best prenatal I've ever been on, I've never had problems with constipation and I was still able to take them when I had really bad ms...anyhow if you'd really just rather avoid a prenatal, besides the folate, I'd atleast be taking some vitamin d...I take a special one called michaels k2d3, since your body doesn't naturally absorb the d on its own it has the appropriate ratio of k2d3 so your body will actually absorb it...

I take a prenatal, DHA, and 2,000 IU of Vitamin D. And I plan to continuing taking them all through pregnancy and breastfeeding.

I take folic acid, a regular pre-natal vitamin and B12. I figure if I have an off day nutritionally this can cover some of the missing stuff. :)

If you have a good, varied diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and fish then I don't see a need for any supplementation. If you dont eat much fish or other sources of DHA then I would supplement that.
I take Garden of Life raw prenatal (a whole foods derived supplement ideas of synthetic with folate instead of folic acid) as I know I dont eat enough leafy greens. I'm having a hard time getting my garden growing and they are just so expensive to buy organically regularly.

had folic acid for the first 14wks and taking iodine throughout the whole pregnancy. No multi vitamins for me.

Vitamin d. IV always been low in it and iron because this showed up low also along with the multivitamins. They don't do any harm because everything's in small quantities. And I'm vegetarian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->