Vitex questions!

erinlynnak

Reaction score
What have you tried for vitex? I am going to try it the first of May if I don't get a BFP or AF by then! Everywhere I've looked online says "40 mg" or maybe "100 mg" but from what I've been reading people take 1000 - 2000 mg! I work at a hospital and asked the opinion of an MD but they said just "let nature run its course". I feel like I don't want to wait a year for my cycles to return after implanon. I like being proactive. Suggestions?! :flower::flower:

What have you tried for vitex? I am going to try it the first of May if I don't get a BFP or AF by then! Everywhere I've looked online says "40 mg" or maybe "100 mg" but from what I've been reading people take 1000 - 2000 mg! I work at a hospital and asked the opinion of an MD but they said just "let nature run its course". I feel like I don't want to wait a year for my cycles to return after implanon. I like being proactive. Suggestions?! :flower::flower:

I've been taking it for a couple cycles in the hopes that it would help with my pre-AF spotting and maybe regulate me a bit, since my ovulation sometimes varies. I started taking 1200mg/day, but that was way too much for me, and my first period while taking it, I bled so much that I was actually frightened and considered going to the ER. I was okay, but I cut down to 440mg after that, and haven't had bleeding like that since.

I'm not sure if it's doing much for me, to be honest. Second cycle on it, my period was shorter by a day... but then my last period was actually longer. Second cycle, I continued to have the extended spotting before AF, but last cycle, it started much later than usual. So I don't know if Vitex is doing anything, or if it's just my body continuing to be unpredictable.

Lots of ladies have great luck with it; I hope it works for you!

i got my 1000mg tablets from amazon hun. iv only been taking it 5 days though so cant comment on it yet.. i know it takes a while to get into your system and start working. Im taking 2000mg a day just now. Its a case of trial and error really to get the dose right for yourself.

Iv just ordered some Dong qui (or however you spell it) to help bring on AF so iv got a nice fresh cycle x

I had my implant removed on april 17 last year and by september I still hadnt had AF. So I took 1600mg a day of vitex and after 3 weeks and no difference I started taking 1500mg of dong quai on top of the vitex. And AF started 3 days later :) that said I noticed after that first AF that when I stopped taking vitex, my cycles went from 52 and 45 days to 23. But after inducing the first period, the others have all followed naturally.

Good luck :)

I just started it. The bottle I have says to take 1 400mg tablets 3 times a day. So 1200. I am planning to ask my doctor what she thinks this week though.

Hi all i have just started taking this today - out of desperation! I have a cyst that wont disappear amongst other issues! I'm taking 1000mg once per day and will see what happens! Are you taking it the whole cycle? I think i will having read pros and cons but it worries me as it says not to take it when pg on the packet......ugh i don't know!

im taking it throughout the whole cycle. I will also be taking it up till 12 weeks pg.. a lot of women have said they do this and slowly wean themselves off. I've read Theres a risk of misscarriage if you just stop them cold turkey xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->