vitex

libbymarks198

Reaction score
today I took vitex for the first time after having very unregular cycles for the past 9 months after depo. I am hoping this will help me get a regular cycle and will help me ovulate as I am not ovulating at all right now. fingers crossed this works before august/septmeber when we are starting ttc.

has anyone else used this??

I've used it. Although not faithfully. The first month I took it I had a nice 30 day cycle. And with PCOS they are all over the place. I conceived my next cycle although I had stopped the vitex that cycle as I was on femara. I'm starting it again as I don't want to take the femara. Had a MMC with that pregnancy so I'm doing everything differently this time.

How much do you take a day I am on 1000mg a day, I am also going to start taking dong quai with it aswell as I hear they work a treat together just waiting on it to arrive. I have been looking into them both for ages but always thought my body would do this on its own but starting to get a bit sick of it now.

Fingers crossed for you that it all works out!

I have taken Vitex since CD1 (this is my first cycle off birth control pills). I don't have a strong opinion yet, but I did have what I think were very obvious ovulation pains on CD14/CD15 and some changes in cervical mucus. Today is CD21. I started taking Vitex because I had super irregular periods before birth control pills and also because I have been on birth control pills for 10 years. The one annoying thing I have had is headaches, but I know these are common when coming off BC so I can't assume they are from the Vitex. I take 1000mg a day.

How much do you take a day I am on 1000mg a day, I am also going to start taking dong quai with it aswell as I hear they work a treat together just waiting on it to arrive. I have been looking into them both for ages but always thought my body would do this on its own but starting to get a bit sick of it now.

Fingers crossed for you that it all works out!

I have 400mg capsules and take 4 a day the first month. Then down to 1200/day after that. Vitex takes time to build up in the body and start working which is why I start at a higher dose. To give it a little boost the first month.

good luck! i wish i took it from the moment i came off and i could be temping right now instead of still trying to get my cycles back. today is cd 33 for me and my third day on vitex. i also have a headache today, but i get hormonal headaches so i am not sure if this is the vitex or i am coming to the end of my cycle or what.... i also have noticed that my nipples are tender not sure if that is a symptom most people get from vitex either... hmmm just have to wait and see, i am hoping my dong quai will turn up tomorrow so i can start that to, as i think i may already be high on progesterone as the depo is progesterone only so i think i might be lacking the estrogen?? any ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->