vomiting lots but still gaining?

isil

Reaction score
I took Alasdair to clinic for the first time today (seriously, NEVER again. He cried so much that the HV asked 'is he like this a lot?' I felt like the worst Mum ever...) and he's now 14lbs 10oz. He's gone from 13lbs 14oz to that in 8 days, still 91st percentile.

But he's always projectile vomiting! I seriously don't understand how he's gaining weight when he must be taking so little of his feed. He's having 3/4ounces about 4/6 feeds and for the other two he has 7/8 ounces. So confusing. Then, sometimes he'll have boob and still take 7/8 ounces! I don't get it. HV wasn't much help but then I couldn't really ask when he was crying (actually, no, he was screaming) so much. She's coming round to the house next thursday (am I the only one STILL seeing the HV at home?!) and I guess I'll ask then but...until then, any ideas?

Caitlyn is the same, and on 91st too. Babies can't eat more than they need, that's why our piggies are so sick!!

Thanks Toria, I really like that Caitlyn is 91st percentile because I look at her and can see she's not obese but I worry that Ally is lol. I guess I'll just have to keep constantly carrying towels around with me to protect my clothes! I probably smell like cheese...

They're not obese they're babies! They'll be just fine when they're crawling and walking. Infact over the past week or two Caitlyn has refused all bottles as she can turn her head away now! I'm guessing this will stop her putting on so much weight.

Ryan has reflux and used to be sick a lot. The docs told us not to worry about his weight though as sicky babies tend to gain well. I don't understand it either, but several months on and he is doing the best weight wise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->