Waitin patiently...or impatiently!

Nesthalffull

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I am new to this blog malarky so please excuse me if my abbreviations are wrong etc!

I have a DD who is 4 and DH and I have been trying for another baby now for nearly a year. Sadly we have lost two babies in that time and I ended up very poorly with a severe water infection and septicemia after that latter of the two. We have now been trying again since September but with no joy. I'm now in the dreaded 2WW with AF due on Friday (I'm on CD24 and not sure whether to be hopeful or not!

I think I ovulated on 23 December and almost immediately (two or three days following) started to feel a little sick, very very tired and my left boob (sorry if tmi!) started to hurt. I'm now 11dpo with similar symptoms plus horrible nasal congestion and only slight discomfort in my right boob. I'm getting regular cramping too. Getting very impatient now!!!

I'm also in the process of being referred to the miscarriage/infertility clinic with my GP.

How is everyone else feeling who are in the 2WW?

E xx

Aw hope u get that bfp soon its such hard work n straining trying isn't it. Ive been off my pill a year now n actively trying since September but no luck. I'm only around 4dpo at the mo but trying not to obsess x

aw, it is so hard not to obsess! And at 4dpo, it seems a lifetime before your AF due date. The 2WW is a nightmare! Sprinkling babydust your way!

I will be 15dpo tomorrow with AF due on Friday so I'm going to test tomorrow with a first response I think. I have pretty sure that I'm going to get a negative but who knows. I feel horrific today so not sure if it's pregnancy or just AF making herself known.

Fingers crossed for us all.

Oh fingers crossed for you n keep me posted! Our bodies seem to mess us about don't they! X

Nesthalffull - I am right there with you.

I miscarried in August.

I'm 8/9 DPO and going nuts with the wait. Symptom overload or possibly just in my head. Who knows.

My normal week before AF symptoms include sore boobies. I do not have any soreness. Is this a good sign or bad sign?

I'm trying to wait as long as I can to test. I'm definitely impatient.

Well, this morning I got my BFP! Very faint line to begin with but it got a little darker! I am 15dpo today with AF due tomorrow. Very excited but nervous too. Really hope this is a sticky baby, I don't want to go through another loss. Not planning on calling my midwife yet, I think I'll test again in a couple of days to make sure that my positive result is getting darker! Oh, fingers crossed!

Sprinkling babydust to you all, this 2WW is horrible and our bodies do mess us about, you're so right! I find it bizarre that a little one could be growing inside us yet we have no clue! And it is poor design that early pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms are so alike!!!

Definitely be patient with testing, as tempting as it is. I tested at 9dpo and got a negative. It is crushing but it turns out that I was pregnant all along.

Wow that's fabulous congratulations! Have you got a pic? I'm not testing at all unless late as I purposely have none in the house! 7dpi today n af due a week today so I have a long wait! U must feel so pleased! Great news for you this morning! X

Hopefully this pic has worked?!

Went in for my second lot of bloods for the fertility clinic and declared my news. Now I have to test again on Sunday to check that the result is getting stronger, then I'm in to see my doctor for another test on Tuesday before arranging a 6week scan (all being well) and midwife appointments. Really hoping all goes well.

That's the best way, just don't have tests in the house! If I have them, they just seem to call on me and I'm not strong enough to resist. I must have spent a fortune on tests over this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 16
That's fab n great lines too! Congrats again! I know the money I've wasted on them is mad so just not doing it anymore! Keep us updated I'm sure those lines will be darker and I bet u get digital positive very soon! X

Sorry for taking ages to reply, back at work now after the festive holidays so I seem to be busier than ever.

I got another lovely strong BFP this morning. I had to use a different brand test (clearblue plus) as that was all I had in the house but the positive is definitely good and strong. Plus, I am so tired, feeling really quite sick throughout the day and suffering regular headaches. This is real!

Our maternity/doctor clinics don't do blood tests for confirming pregnancy as standard so I haven't had any blood taken as of yet. Since I have lost two precious little ones this year, my midwife may take bloods to ensure that the hormone is doubling but we'll see. I should be getting a scan at 6 weeks too (another thing that isn't done as standard here, usually we have to wait until 12 weeks). I have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday so we'll take it from there.

How are all of you doing? What stages are you all at?

Symptoms sound all good! I'm 10dpo today nothing much happening last couple days just got the continual soreness around my ovaries n few cramps n sore boobs but that's it I didn't even have any nausea yesterday so its all prob my hormones settling down ready for af Thursday x

Nest I take it you are in the UK too cos that's how they do scans etc over here! I'm actually in wales but originally from Yorkshire x

Yes, I am in Scotland.

You never know, hopefullys! Don't give up hope. Our bodies do just like to tease us and it is early days. Not everyone feels symptoms so early and it is easy to lose hope when you have been trying for a while.

Good luck to you, I believe that it will happen when it is meant to. I had a horrible year last year with one thing happening after the other, so in a way, it is nice to have waited until a brand new year to finally get a BFP. It's like I can leave last year and its horrors behind.

** babydust **

Yeh IM trying not to give up but just don't want that big disappointment when af arrives. I don't like the tww lol yes u have good timing n bet ur relieved you got your bfp! Hopefully I will join you soon x

I know, the 2ww is awful, I don't think anyone likes it! I'ts difficult not to obsess.

I hope you get your good news soon. Do let us know.x

Bfn on frer today n af due tomorrow so 100% not preggers! Nevermind onto next cycle in meantime I'm having a scan on ovaries n tummy to check for cysts x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->