waiting for bcp to be out of my system

cravemyheart

Reaction score
I stopped the pill on April 20th 2014. I had a withdrawal bleed on the 25-27. Now I'm waiting for my first actual AF after it.

Last time I was ttc, I came off the pill in late october, had withdrawal bleed early november. then missed a period in late november/early december. Figured I didnt ovulate. but I must of ovulated late, because I got a bcp in early January (later miscarried.)

if history repeats itself thats whats going to happen this time, so Im going to start bding like crazy just incase.

anyone else in the same boat? waiting for the BCP to get out of your system?

Hey! I'm not there yet, but will be in about a month when I come off of the pill in June. As far as I know the pill should be "out of your system" within a couple of days. In a perfect ideal world (yeah right huh?) you should have your withdrawl bleed a few days after stopping. Ovulate 2 weeks after the 1st day of your bleed, then either be pregnant or have real AF 2 weeks after that (so about 4 weeks after stopping the pill). Soo I would definitely get to BD'ing! Best wishes!! :)

It never hurts to BD just incase!
I came off pill a couple of months ago and cycle is only just settling back down. It took 6 weeks to see my first af after withdrawal bleed, but everyone is different. Temping is the only way I knew when I was O. After O af should arrive about 2 weeks later for most women.
Hope that helps.
Baby dust to you hun xx

I'm not in the same boat, but can share my story! I was on bcp for a year and I stopped taking it when I finished my last pack, so I had a normal period as I would, just didn't start taking my next pack. I got pregnant within 2 weeks after not taking it and never had my next "proper" period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->