Waiting for my partner to 'feel' ready!

DanteRoman

Reaction score
As title says he doesn't think he's ready yet he says it will be some time this year but that doesn't really narrow it down!

I don't see what he's got to be ready for it's me who's got to come out of work again and look after it!

Am I being selfish and maybe a bit harsh ?!

Xx

we're waiting for my husband to feel ready.

Without setting time scales we talked about things we felt we wanted to achieve before starting a family (We discussed things like buying a house, holidays, work situations). He wasn't 100% ready but we talked about setting a provisional date for ttc and then just waited to see how he felt about it drawing nearer...

He's here now (on the playstation!) and he says that a little push - to make him think about it - helped him see how ready we are and to put his mind at rest through discussing and making provisional plans. He does warn though that when i started 'nagging' about it - that didn't help and made him want to lean the other way!

Maybe set aside some quiet time when you are both relaxed to bring it up gently and discuss? xxx

I'm in the same boat... except he SAYS we can try after we get insurance (which is soon) but he keeps pushing it back, I KNOW he is scared but he won't admit it and I just feel like he is going to keep pushing it and pushing TTC back, he will not understand that there is never a time when everything is perfect, once we get insurance he better not want to wait..,i know he will though... sigh...

Well.... neither of us are "ready" but we're running out of time to hold it off anymore. I don't know how old you guys are, but being over 30 did a pretty good job of convincing my husband that it was time to at least start half-assing it. ;)

And my husband is 47 (we are 20 yrs apart) so he should be in a hurry.

Were only in a mid twenties and this will be out 4th. We've done it three times before so don't see why we need to wait :) glad I'm not alone in the waiting for him! Xx

Ah, yeah, a fourth is very different from a first. I guess I don't usually hear people talk about being ready for others like they do with the first, so I didn't think of that. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->