Waiting for my period to return! Anyone else?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I don't really know where I belong in the TTC forums right now so I'm posting all over the place :) but maybe I belong here, as I don't think I will be able to try for a while as I wait for my body to kick start back into fertility after having my beautiful daughter three months ago. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and she doesn't sleep through yet, so my periods are staying away. With my son then didn't return until I completely stopped feeding him at 13 months, so I may be waiting a while. I am however, very keen to be pregnant for the third and final time. We always wanted a tiny gap between number two and three for various reasons, so I hope it doesn't take as long this time!

A part of me is telling the rest of me off for wanting to rush ahead to our final pregnancy. I should savour this time, knowing it's still to come, I should really enjoy every moment of my next pregnancy including the run up to it because there will be no more after that, but I am a super broody person and am so ready for it now. I get very obsessive over things and the brief time we were TTC our daughter I threw myself into charting, observing signs and testing all the time. It's kinda hard to switch that urge off now. I have to keep reminding myself to relax; my periods aren't back yet, there's no point stressing over TTC when I can't physically ovulate yet. So I will force myself to stop thinking about TTC and consider myself WTT until my body is ready.

Is there anyone else out there in the same position? :flower:

Not quite the same postition, since I'm TTC #1, but I am waiting for AF to come back after stoping BCP. There's no telling how long it will take and the wait is very hard on me :(

Mine just returned today at 6 months pp... Sigh... It was a good run and wish it would have been longer :)

With that, you can still ovulate even without your periods coming back. I've been ovulating since 2 or 3 months pp just no period. I have very clear ovulation signs though and you may not. Maybe use OPKs and see id you've started back up? Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->