Waiting for recurrent miscarriage testing. Anyone else?

Trying4first1

Mum to a miracle
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I am sadly going through my third miscarriage in 19 months. I have no children. Me and DH fall pregnant ok but we can't sustain a pregnancy.
We have made the decision to stop trying until we have had testing, which is prob a good few months away as he NHS waiting list can be very long.
Is anyone else in this situation?
I would love to hear from you :flower:

Not waiting for testing but didn't want to r&r. So sorry for your losses, I hope you can get the tests done soon. X

Thanks ladies!
I have my first appointment in just over two weeks. Hopefully will find out what tests I will need.
RPL only occurs to 1% of couples ttc. I am so glad it's not overly common :flower:

I'm so sorry for your losses! :hugs:

I've just have my 4th loss, thus last one was a chemical so very early but doesn't make it any easier! I've had 3 losses in a row now and one before my son was born. I'm currently under a consultant for assisted conception and I have an appointment with him to discuss investigations. They wouldn't do it before as I'd had 3 but not in a row so hoping we can now because I need answers. I could have got an appointment straight away but we've decided to wait 3 months so I can just give myself some time to heal. It's really taking its toll on me now, it's so unfair xx

Thank you. I am also sorry for your losses too :hugs:
I hate this 3 in a row business. It's a shame that we have to suffer 3 times before it is taken seriously.
Glad that you are now being investigated further. I have an appointment with a gyne in just over 2 weeks time. We decided to get a referral straight away as we thought it would take ages. Was so shocked when my GP said I could get seen in 3 weeks time. No idea what will happen at thisfirst appointment. Maybe a general chat and discuss the tests maybe?
I don't blame you for needing time. It does take its toll on you I agree. Me and DH have decided to stop trying for now until we have had the investigations. We are having genetic testing done on the pregnancy tissue, which we won't have results from for several weeks now. I hate not being able to TTC but we think it's for the best. Also will give my body chance to heal from the D&C. I took ages to fall pregnant after my last one so waiting prob won't make a difference as we prob wouldn't conceive anyway.
When is your next appointment?
This is all very unfair xx

It really is awful that you have to experience such heartbreak so many times before you can get help! It's so unfair. Part of me wants it to come back ok and there's no problems but another part thinks with no answers it could keep happening and never have answers.

My appointment is on the 26th April. Part of the reason of me wanting to wait is also to give me some time to lose some weight and get my bmi a lot lower because my consultant has an annoying habit of blaming absolutely everything on the fact I'm classed as overweight even though I'm pretty sure that's not the reason! I quite sure I have low progesterone because my temperature after ovulation isn't much higher than pre ovulation ans I have a really short lp, sometimes only 8 days long.

Praying were both blessed with out rainbows soon xx

Taz I feel exactly the same. Would be good if no problems came up but actually would it be easier if there was an issue so it could be treated!? I just don't know what to think sometimes. It's all so mind boggling.

Waiting is not a bad thing at all. Especially when you feel that you need time. Funny you say about low temps. Mine are the same after ovulation. I may mention it to the Dr and see what they say. I heard that low temps are a sign of low progesterone. My luteal phase is 12 days which is ok. But it used to be only I 9-10 days before my last MC. So my MC ch aged my cycles and made me ovulate earlier. No idea what will happen this time. Prob make it later again knowing my luck.

Thank you Taz. Praying for us both. Hoping 2016 turns into a better year X

Hi :wave: I've just been re-referred to recurrent miscarriage clinic and waiting for my first appointment to come through. I was referred following my last miscarriage (which turned out to be a molar pregnancy) in October 2013, but my appointment wasn't until May 2014 as the waiting list was so long at that time! :wacko: Anyway, by that point we'd decided we were sticking at 2 as the idea of another miscarriage (especially another molar) was just too scary and I felt like maybe I was pushing my luck wanting another baby.

But...two years down the line, that longing for another still keeps popping up, so my GP has just referred me again (literally, last week!) and I'm hoping either we can get some answers, or if nothing is going on, then just some reassurance.

We're not sure whether to stop ttc whilst waiting for our appointment tbh as I don't know how long it's going to take (either to get pregnant or for the letter to come through!!) so we may decided to NTNP and just see what happens...

Fingers crossed that you get some answers very soon :hugs:

Hi Rebaby

Wow that was a very long waiting list at the time. I have been very lucky and am only having to wait for three weeks. I think it depends how busy they are. I was expecting to wait for ages. Hopefully this time things will be much quicker for you :thumbup:

Sorry to hear of your losses. I know that a molar pregnancy is very complicated and I am not supposed that your were worried about ttc again. Must have been such a tough time for you.

I think ttc whilst waiting for tests depends on how you feel. There is no right or wrong answer. The only reason we have given up for now is because we know that after three losses we are more likely to MC again. Also we feel that we need a break from the whole ttc thing as its taking over our lives. We need to recharge our batteries as last time it took a a little while ttc, so need that strength again as we could potentially have months of disapointment to get through.

Thank you and hope you do too. Hopefully that letter will be through your door very soon 😊

I can maybe reassure you a little. I had three consecutive losses between 2011 and 2014, the final one being an ectopic pregnancy. I was sent for testing immediately after the ectopic.

The appointment itself lasted nearly an hour, they discussed statistics as to chances of future pregnancies being successful (even after three losses you are more likely than not to go on to have a successful pregnancy next time, and almost all couples who have recurrent losses go on to carry successfully) - they asked about family history on both sides, then did blood draws (lots!) the main things they are looking for are thyroid issues and clotting issues. Apparently its rare that anything is found and most couples remain unexplained (1 in 25 I believe was the statistic)

My testing all returned as normal, however after reading online I self prescribed low dose aspirin, extra folic acid, vitamin d, and omega three. I fell pregnant exactly six months after my ectopic and now have a 4 month old little girl.

Thank you for sharing your story 😊 I love hearing of successful pregnancies after consecutive losses.

Wow that was a very long appointment. Sounds like they cover everything though which is good. My appointment is in 10 days time. It's good to know that we will soon be heading in the right direction. I have heard that even after 3 losses you are still in With a good chance of a healthy pregnancy next time. We just can't bring ourselves to try again until with have answers (or not ). If our issues are unexplained then I have no idea what we will do.

I took vitimins D and Omega 3 before I fell pregnant but stopped taking after my BFP. I wasn't sure if they were safe or not. Maybe they would have helped? My surgeon said about baby asprin next time and heprin, but I have already been tested for APS and it came back negative. So no idea how that would help :wacko:

Congratulations on the birth of your DD. You must feel so blessed 😊

I was tested for 5 clotting disorders, all of the testing was negative however there are lots of clotting disorders which are not tested for and are pretty rare.

Omega 3 is good for brain and eye development but make sure it isn't fish oil as it can have too much vitamin a which is harmful. Low vitamin d has been implicated in recurrent losses and it cant do any harm. I honestly think something I took helped, my midwife agrees. When we ttc number 2 I will be doing the same.

Ohh that's very good to know. Me and DH are going to go private for further tests if the NHS don't come up with anything. My cousin had no joy with the NHS. She went private and found out she had NK cells. She was treated and now she is 15 weeks and all is good so far. Whereas she used to always MC in the first trimester.
My folic acid vitimin had vitD3 in it so thought best to stop my other ones as was worried it was too much. Sounds like something def did the trick for you. Def worth doing the same again 😊

Can't wait or my appointment. I know it may not help but I feel like we are doing something at least

Honestly, I would have gone private if I had another loss after my testing, but as far as I'm aware they will test you for more complex conditions of basic testing comes back normal and you go on tk have a further loss. They then look into chromosomal testing etc.

Honestly, I would have gone private if I had another loss after my testing, but as far as I'm aware they will test you for more complex conditions if basic testing comes back normal and you go on to have a further loss. They then look into chromosomal testing etc.

Hi Loeylo. We are already having the genetic tests through the hospital as its our third loss and we have no children. I had to ask though they didn't offer. They have taken samples of the pregnancy tissue and will eventually be taking bloods from myself and my DH. No idea what they will test for. Guess we find that out at the appointment in a few months time.
We will definatley have further testing privately if nothing is found. Will start with NK cell testing. I'm too scared to try again until we have an answer. If we don't get one then I'm not sure what we will do. I can't keep going through losses. Something is wrong with me I know if. With my last oreganancy I knew it would go wrong. It's like I instinctively know something isn't right.

Well my first appointment was very deflating. Was in there for about ten minutes. Asked hardly any questions.
I am having a hesteroscopy In May and that's it.
Bloods were all ok but still waiting on the genetic testing.
Basically were told we had a good chance and would just have to keep trying.
The consultant dismissed progesterone issues and doesn't believe in NK cells.
I just don't I wow why to think anymore. Feel like we are going to get no where.

What did they check your bloods for? As far as I'm aware it takes weeks for blood results to come back as they all need to be sent to a central location to be tested.

I never had any checks done on my womb etc but they seemed pretty confident that there would be no issues there, and I never felt that was my issue.

Try searching on here for "recurrent miscarriage" - there is a brilliant thread with lots of ladies who have had many losses and went on to have their rainbows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->