Waiting on back burner

Kiki1993

Reaction score
So our waiting date has been pushed back, not sure how long yet :cry:
We just decided we should try aim to get a mortgage, we have been having trouble with our area, just because our neighbours scream and swear, constant complaints, and a lot of other reasons, the location is great but the people that live here aren't, constant fighting and drugs is normal around here and we are anti drugs .. so we decided that after the wedding our main priority will be getting a mortgage. I should be able to pay for the wedding on my own, and my OH is paying for new car, by tthe time june next year comes we should have paid off most of the wedding and gotten a new car, so from june 2016 we will be saving for the mrotgage and we are hoping that by the june after our wedding we should have our deposit saved and hopefully by the OCtober be ready to buy :thumbup: then once we move in we can try :D maybe even the june we can try.
I know I should be more sad than i am (and believe me i wanted to cry when i went past baby clothes today) but knowing that we are doing this so our child can grow up in a nice area is worth it :)

Aw bless you. We did much the same, i was hoping to try after our wedding but Hubby wasn't ready and we decided we wanted to buy our own place (we're renting). It took us 3 years (not saying it will take you this long) to save the deposit but we're now in the process of buying our own.

Do you rent at the moment? maybe you could find somewhere in a quieter area to rent while you save.

Sounds like you've got lots to look forward to in the next couple of years. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage :D

Best of luck to you. We were going to start trying this past August 2014 and had to push it back to July 2016 due to similar reasons. It will fly by. Just trying to focus on your goals and on your relationship.

i hope it flies by anyway! We use to private let but the private lets in my area are more than mortgage repayments would be, a 1 bedroom tiny place in an undesirable area was like 500 a month, compared to our rent at council which is only 300, we considered moving to a private until we can buy but thats an extra 200 we could save a month so we think we should just "suck it up" until we can just buy :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->